CrazyBoards.org

Anyone taking Viibryd especially males?

Looking to switch from Trintellix as its not working well. 
Also trying to stay away from any male sexual side effects.

I’m not male, but I took Viibryd for a while. I’m very sensitive to sexual side effects, and Viibryd was not bad. My libido was fine and I could orgasm.

Posted (edited)

Is there a reason that you stopped taking Viibryd? Did it give you any energy? On Trintellix I’m tired all the time. 

Edited by mike218

I stopped taking it because it wasn’t really working well enough on my depression to justify the stomach problems it eventually caused.

I took Viibryd before several times. No sexual side effects to speak of, but like @Gearhead said, I found all times I took it that it just wasn't strong enough for my depression; however, I was lucky enough not to have the infamous stomach problems it tends to cause.

I could make other suggestions but I don't know what all else you've taken.

Is Viibryd stronger then Trintellix? I need something strong with minimal Sexual side effects and up lifting. Trying to figure out what makes me tired also Trintellix, abilify or Gabapentin. I take Trintellix 20mg each morning, Gabapentin 600mg and abilify 2mg at bed time. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Gabapentin can make some people feel completely spacey and sleepy—but obviously not everyone reacts the same. Just makes me suspicious of it, but you’d probably want to factor that in before you decide what to change. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2020 at 12:51 PM, mike218 said:

I need something strong with minimal Sexual side effects and up lifting. 

If you haven't tried Wellbutrin (bupropion), you could ask your doc about it.....It tends to be activating for most people, and also for most has little to no sexual side effects.........Don't know what your diagnosis is, but Wellbutrin can cause increased anxiety in some people.

Edited by CrazyRedhead