CrazyBoards.org

I was told "I miss the old you". Translation: they miss the drinking partying hypersexual manic me who zipped through life without a care. I just don't trust myself to be that person anymore. I'd rather be boring and grounded. When you meet someone while manic and then get your shit together, you do seem to be a different person. Others can't believe the stories they hear about me because it's so different than the me of today. Just thinking out loud. 

Did they know that you're bipolar? It's a pretty damn shitty thing to say to someone anyway -  "I liked you more in the past" - but especially shitty to say to someone with bipolar. You could reply "Why yes! My mood goes up and down to such an extent that I might seem like different person sometimes. You, on the other hand, are unfortunately stuck with being the same fucking arsehole every day."

• Like 1

That is seriously messed up. I don't doubt that there are people who were once in my life who feel that way about me, but they aren't in my life anymore. I'd rather be boring and grounded, too. I doubt you're actually boring, though.

Yes, especially the carefree hypersexual me. I’m sure I don’t want to go back. If some people want the old version, I need to wonder why they even bring it up. That’s not a very helpful type comment. 

Do you miss the old you?

How fond of, how close to, these thoughtless people are you? Did you know them before they knew Episode HR? Do they have an investment in your health, or is the relationship based more around partying?