CrazyBoards.org

I have my yearly physical appointment with my GP in a week. I’m panicking. I don’t want to go. I’m also due for my tetanus shot too. The clinic is attached to a walk in clinic. I messaged her nurse and said I was very nervous about the appointment. I asked if it was safe. But I’m sure they will say that it is safe.

What do you guys think? Do I go or no? Good or bad idea? My mom made me even more panicked by telling me there is going to probably be another wave of COVID in the fall. I’m freaked. 

I would go. It's important to keep up with your body and your mind.  You need both! The appointment will be safe. You are in the hands of medical professionals who know best how to prevent COVID and they will take all the precautions when seeing you. 

• Thanks 1

I would go if they're seeing people.  Mine closed down due to Covid precautions for a quarantine, so I think they are being really, really careful not to expose anyone if there's a risk.  

• Thanks 1

I would ask the practice what precautions they're taking in terms of how many people they're letting in at a time, and their policies on mask usage for staff/doctors and patients. If they're not requiring everyone to wear a mask, well... that would make me pretty nervous. Even with doctors there's a wide range in how seriously they're taking Covid-19. Your health is important, but some things can wait. If you had an acute problem you were dealing with it'd be a different story, but this is preventative care. That said it's sure a lot safer than going to an indoor restaurant or a movie theater, and probably very low risk.

Personally, I would delay the physical, but I'd consider going for the tetanus shot.

• Thanks 1

@saintalto @Banana Smurf @0112358

Thank you all for your wise words. I am waiting to hear back from my dr or her nurse. I am thinking of going. I have calmed down about it now. Sleep does a body good.

Everyone is required to wear a mask it says on the appointment reminder. It’s a smaller clinic. I do need the tetanus shot. I need lab work too since, well, zyprexa and possible high blood sugar issues. I need refills on my birth control. I think it’s important to get all that done. I will social distance in the lobby. Not arrive too early. Use hand sanitizer. Wear my mask. Etc.

Oh I should update. My GP’s nurse got back to me. She said I could do a virtual appointment because I’m not due for a complete physical this year. So I opted for that option.

She says I can come in for my tetanus shot when things have settled down. I wonder about lab work. I will have to ask about it during my appointment. If it’s just going in to the clinic for those 2 quick things that’s ok I guess. 

Thanks for the help again guys. 

That sounds pretty reasonable to me. I’m having similar wondering but may need a GYN exam and that seems an in person deal. If they say you’re fine with video and maybe labs, that seems easier. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, sugarsugar said:

That sounds pretty reasonable to me. I’m having similar wondering but may need a GYN exam and that seems an in person deal. If they say you’re fine with video and maybe labs, that seems easier. 

Jesus Christ...my first thought was mail-in...

• Haha 1