CrazyBoards.org

How do you get paranoia to go away if you’ve acknowledged that its paranoia?  I know for a fact now that my job isn’t spying on me through my computer or other methods (technology is my typical downfall).

o I’ve named it.  It’s paranoia. There’s no reason they’d take the time or interest to spy on me.  But how do I make the thought of it go away?

19 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

How do you get paranoia to go away if you’ve acknowledged that its paranoia?  I know for a fact now that my job isn’t spying on me through my computer or other methods (technology is my typical downfall).

o I’ve named it.  It’s paranoia. There’s no reason they’d take the time or interest to spy on me.  But how do I make the thought of it go away?

First of all, it’s really great insight and awesome that you can acknowledge that it’s paranoia. My tdoc does “reality testing” and “fact checking” with me all the time to try to challenge my “paranoia” (which isn’t “paranoia”, but that’s a whole different story). In fact, these two things are in my treatment plan.

Could you work on these with your tdoc? Just a thought. It might be helpful to talk it out completely with someone who can help fact check and reality check. That might help your thoughts go away since you are already able to acknowledge the paranoia. I hope so anyway.

And FWIW I get freaked out by tech stuff too. Bluetooth speakers, TV, radio, etc. You aren’t alone. I get messages and think about spy cameras through Bluetooth speakers. It’s scary.