CrazyBoards.org

It's been three years since my last trip to the psych ward and now I'm about the break that trend. :-(

That said , because I'm out of practice, can you tell me what tips and recomendatiions (of any sort)?

41 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

It's been three years since my last trip to the psych ward and now I'm about the break that trend. 😞

That said , because I'm out of practice, can you tell me what tips and recomendatiions (of any sort)?

for me, inpatient could have stretches of mind-warping boredom. I would see if you could bring, (or have somebody bring) some allowable boredom fighting tools (books, whatever) They probably won't let you go in with that stuff, but I'd have some things picked out on standby 

Coloring books? An easy book you've been planning on reading? Or just watch the TV if that's available. 

Posted (edited)

Don't forget comfy pants that don't have strings and a sweater. Second the book and some markers and coloring book. If you take any other meds besides psych meds best to bring them along to give to them in case they don't have what you need in the pharmacy.

Edited by Unstrung Harp

Thanks Harp!  A friend told me to take all my meds, so I’m doing that for now.  If they don’t touch then, oh well o

Good luck, I hope it is a helpful time for you.

I’m sorry you’re struggling. That being said, I am proud of you for recognizing and accepting that you need help and doing the thing. 

I would recommend taking some books (if you can focus), some coloring books, and  a bound journal or composition notebook to write down your thoughts and feelings. 

I hope you feel better soon, hun ❤️

20 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

It's been three years since my last trip to the psych ward and now I'm about the break that trend. 😞

It's been a while for me, too.....Everybody has excellent suggestions.....The only thing I can think to add is shoes for the shower....

I really hope that you get what you need out of this stay bby.  Remember to take loose fitting clothes with no strings or zippers, and something to do.  Soak up the peace.