CrazyBoards.org

I'm ronery... oh so ronery...

LikeMinded

Pfft.  This place is starting to stink.

I was looking forward to the good girl/guy ratio here and the fact that the girls are um... nice... hehe.

You know what, though, everybody (guys and girls!) tends to get married by age 20.  Most of the people here my age already have one or two kids (a guy across the street I talked to had 2 kids... and he's 6 months my junior!!!  His wife was one piece of, well, hotness... back in my optimistic delusions I thought she was single, or at least unmarried. =P) So much for social life here... everybody my age is way the hell more mature and occupied than I am!!!

Well, guess all my social/dating life will have to take place at UGA, a 90 minute drive.  Fortunately, I'm going to get involved with the chapter of my fraternity there (likely as a formal advisor, yay for stuff going on my resume!!), so maybe being 'forced' to go to Athens once a week will help things out. Otherwise, something tells me I'll be stuck in my apartment when I'm either not at work or UGA.  Feh.

But really, FEH.  Mom keeps telling me I should try and find that 'special someone' to help keep my spirits up and get some support... I know that'd help, and hell, I do want that 'special someone' (though maybe she'd be a little more 'special' than Mom would think ;-)).  Given my parents' roots (India), they (or more accurately, their social network) are going to get a little annoyed if I haven't found a girl to marry by the age of 25-30.  I've told her no guarantees; I'll be stuck here until I turn 25 - And that I'd be glad to tell off any of her friends that give her crap about this. :-)

I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist! - Ray Romano, on "Everybody Loves Raymond"

"everybody (guys and girls!) tends to get married by age 20"

Most of my friends who married that young are now divorced and on spouse number 2. I did not get married until I was 23. Now that I am going on 43 I think I was pretty young when I got married, but I did not feel that way at the time.

Hubby and I will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary this December. I think waiting those extra few years was a good thing. Don't rush it ;)

Gee, 3 weeks and not engaged?  Shoot, 23 and you're already a confirmed bachelor.  You don't need to bother with deodorant or aftershave now. ;0

jeez, guy, I'll bet you still get lost driving to and from work.

I don't even start to feel settled in till I've lived some place for a couple years. 

It's all a matter of numbers.  The more people you meet, the greater the chance you'll meet someone you get along with.    Don't write off your town. Go square dancing, go to church, volunteer with the animal shelter, hang out in the vegetable section at the grocery store, look helpless, ask for advice and smile.  ;)

Good luck.

A.M.

I happen to have an old issue of New York magazine, and in it is an interesting article entitled "Is arranged marriage really any worse than Craigslist?" by one Anita Jain. Her dad writes profiles for her, and posts them up on websites like shaadi.com. Now that she's over 30, the search has intensified.

Your other post reminded me of this article. I'm ADD too, and forgot what else I was going to say. Erm, goodnight!

lily

I'm 30, not married, no kids.  And I'm cute, too!  So don't feel bad that you weren't married straight out of high school.  Stop looking for the right girl, and she'll eventually find you.

Go square dancing, go to church, volunteer with the animal shelter, hang out in the vegetable section at the grocery store, look helpless, ask for advice and smile.  ;)
<pssstt..> Chicks are onto this ploy...

Chill out first, get comfortable in youre own skin, or more than you already seem to be.

Forget plotting and scheming. Just continue to be yourself and chill out. 

She will join you.

S9

Archived