CrazyBoards.org

focalyn

ldo

I asked my pdoc if it wouldn't make sense to see how Ritalin compares to Adderall, since I kinda freaked and gave up on Ritalin after just one or two doses, and I'm still struggling with some of my ADDish problems. She happened to have a certificate for a month's worth of free Focalyn.

I wonder if there's anything not on the patient info sheet that I ought to know, and also how it compares to Ritalin. I think my samples will be the slow release type. If it's not a lot better than generic methylphenidate (i.e. Ritalin), I might prefer to go that way. Or, it might not be in my insurance company's formulary.  (It's getting kinda ridiculous. They tell people that they only need sex 4X/month, and another insurance company tells my s.o. that she only gets to treat 8 migraines a month. (In a sexist, stereotyped relationship, I think the two numbers should be the same. Fortunately we're not like that.)

(added later: apparently I'm getting too much stimulant already, by the number of threads where the last post is mine. That's what happens when I'm supposed to be doing something else.)

P.S. Search function seems broken, since it says nothing and I know there are posts with Focalyn in the title.

Oh, I can probably do without the wake me up. The effect I need is to wake up the insurance company. But probably, if I like the stuff, I'll try Ritalin, preferably a generic. Unless I become a highly compensated engineer again or something. Maybe the effect on blood pressure from focalyn would be less, though on Adderall it's something that seems to go away.

later update: It's still not here! Something to keep in mind. Good thing I have something to take while waiting.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying the Focalyn for a few days, then going back to Adderall, to see which seems better. Focalyn seems like a calmer experience, but when it wears off, maybe in late afternoon, I do get cranky. I don't have any short acting stuff to top it off with, except Adderall, which is a weird experience. Works best the first couple of days. Adderall also works best the first couple of days, sometimes makes me hyper, is easy to get thru whole day with, and maybe gives me more energy. My s.o. said my voice sounded very relaxed when I started Focalyn. Haven't decided yet.

P.S. Search function seems broken, since it says nothing and I know there are posts with Focalyn in the title.

Try spelling it with an I -- focalin.  There are 15 results for Focalin and only three for Focalyn. 

Hmmm...maybe I'll see if that's approved here. I get so tired of munching on regular Ritalin all the time, but that's the only ADD drug we've got here. Thanks for the info!

lily

Archived