CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
DogMan

Mood tracker help.

I feel so stupid. I can't even work out the scale. 

How do express this picture in mood terms on a scale from 1 to 5?

For now. I put 2, and included a note that linear is stupid. And described it as Z. 

Sorry. Stupid. I hate out of 5 or 10 scales. 

:dunce:

images (39).jpeg

I should note that I had a migraine late last night and is probably related to that 

a two sounds about right to me, since there is a certain despair to feeling nothing/anything/everything all the same time. it sounds more like a "down" mood than an "up" mood to me. not knowing how to describe what you're feeling can be a depressive type thing.

i struggle with mood scales too. i've had slightly better luck with an app that allowed you to name what feelings 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are (instead of the default "very bad" to "very good").  i've found that more helpful, because the pressure of "am i feeling Bad or Very Bad? how much is Very Bad?" is gone if i rename them words that are more familiar to me and how i describe my moods.

that feeling of not really knowing how i'm feeling tends to appear as a 2-3 for me, depending if it's a apathetic sort of "i don't know" vs an ambivalent "i don't know".

• Like 1

What I settled on doing a while back is to, instead of trying to subjectively peg my mood for the day, is to take the same assessment test every day, and go by those numbers. That way it just is what it is, and it's more objective.

• Like 1