CrazyBoards.org

Mind you I'm so out of it from the increased Zyprexa I may not have written 'simpletons' correctly.

Saw pdoc Tuesday.  He increased my Zyprexa back up to 20mg.  Said the script would be faxed to the pharmacy.

Call the pharmacy yesterday morning - no, nothing's been received.  Email pdoc's assistant - they'd faxed it, but will fax it again.  After a suitable time, I call the pharmacy - no, nothing's been received.  Assistant to pdoc says she'll fax again.  Call back pharmacy after waiting a bit - no, we've taken everything off the fax machine, nothing's been received.  Contact assistant, who emails me a scan of the faxed prescription with the confirmation that the fax went through.  My name and health card number is typed/printed ON the fax.  So there's no excuse for not knowing it's me.

Call this morning.  Oh yes, we received your prescription for aripiprazole, we've filled it.

WTAF it's a prescription for olanzapine.  No, it's not.  YES, IT IS.  WTAF.  Watch, they charged my fucking insurance for Abilify.  What a bunch of dimwits.  Anyways, after much back and forth, he agrees it's a prescription for olanzapine, and they're going to fill it.  

I really need to switch pharmacies.  

Outside current circumstances I travel 2 suburbs for a good pharmacist. Local one is a bit ordinary. 

Sorry that they put you through that while already struggling. 

My last pharmacist was a black hole of communication.. Faxes from my doctor were never received (and she had other patients using the same pharmacy who complained of the same) so I had to start bringing in paper prescriptions every time. My doctor also had to call them repeatedly about my concerta prescription which they kept messing up no matter how many times I’d had it filled before. I switched to a new pharmacy last week. My doctor faxed in all my prescriptions to them without issue. I miss the pharmacy being so close to me because the new one is a much longer walk, but I just had enough.  

Thanks @DogMan - there's a few pharmacies equally close, I'm just reticent to try one.

@saintalto when I was bringing in paper scripts they were fine.  It's the COVID stuff with it being faxed that's screwed it up.

Sorry that happened. That sounds similar to why I switched to Walgreens from Walmart pharmacy in 2010. I had just had 3 wisdom teeth removed that day and I was waiting for my pain med prescription. Walmart kept saying they hadn't received the prescription. My then-husband called the dentist twice to confirm that they sent it to the right Walmart. After waiting about an hour and a half Walmart finally found the prescription and finally filled it. Normally I'm too forgiving about that stuff but as I sat there with the anesthesia shots wearing off, I decided I wasn't going to fill scripts at Walmart ever again.

@kittyloaf that's AWFUL.  I told my mom, and she was like 'Them screwing up the drug is beyond the pale.'

In school I went to rite aid(s), one near my house was great, one near school made me want to break something. My pdoc gave them angry calls on numerous occasions. Once they gave me “Tenex” instead of “Xanax”. Thank god I always read the bottle before I drive away. But then she refused to even re-look at the script after I told her she was wrong, several times. Finally she did, and then she magically became friendly (but still didn’t really apologize) 

There's a lot to be said about smaller, independently run pharmacies in my opinion. I've been going to the same one since my family moved to this city when I was a teenager, so that's 33 years. I no longer live in that suburb, but it is near my place of work. The original pharmacist from 1987 retired a few years ago, but his replacement and assistants know me well and go the extra mile. I've never had anything as horrific happen there as what you described. And they take scanned and emailed scripts from my pdoc.

The concept of big pharmacy chains is still relatively new here compared to what I've learned about other countries such as the US. I personally had a pretty crap experience with one when I was living in Arizona shortly after getting married. I think it was Walgreens. There have been occasions when I've been forced to use one of the big anonymous ones here and I hate it. They really don't give a shit; you're just another random face in front of them.

• Like 1

@Iceberg wow.  That's nuts

@MiaB - the pharmacy I'm thinking of switching to is actually closer, and smaller.  I've set up an account and will start transferring prescriptions over as they come in.  I've thought of switching before but have worried about how many meds they would have to order in vs. on hand.  But my meds are pretty straightforward at the moment.

Posted (edited)

I've thought of switching before but have worried about how many meds they would have to order in vs. on hand.

It's a valid concern.  I get around it by sending a reminder a few days before my refills are due, so that if anything has to be ordered, it can be done in time.

eta of course, that only works until your pdoc starts messing with your dosages or starts switching things around.  But I've generally been lucky. More often than not they've been able to order meds in the morning and have them ready for collection by the evening.

Edited by MiaB

I'm generally good about ordering a few days out - but I do have my moments where I forget.  I still think it's worth trying.