CrazyBoards.org

So my pdoc and I finally came to the conclusion that it is a strong likelihood that my dose of 150mg Lamictal is causing my agitation/anxiety by keeping me in a perpetual hypomanic state (with some nice mixed features thrown in there).  I've cycled through the AAP's and AC's plus I'm on a healthy dose of lithium (1200mg.... don't ask my levels, I don't remember) and none have been able to tamp down the agitation sufficiently enough.  As much as I think the Lamictal has helped my depression, I can't be happy with how agitated I feel (if that makes sense). The plan is to cut it in half for the next two weeks until I see him again, and then reassess from there.  So really, I'm starting at 75mg starting tomorrow morning.  Has anyone had any experience with tapering off their Lamictal?  Did you relapse into depression?  If so, how long did it take?  Did anyone find that their anxiety improved after stopping Lamictal?

Any feedback is appreciated.

It took me more than 4 weeks but I was at 200... I can’t speak to the immediate effects because my med situation was quite complex and I was IP, but long term over the taper I didn’t experience any major mood shifts