CrazyBoards.org

KrazyKat7410

Generic switched, having anxiety thinking about it...

Been on 10mg of paroxetine and 100mg of buproprion sr for years now.  Pharmacy just switched which manufacturer they carry.  I had requested that this not change.  Had a bad experience once before, but I think there was something off with the dose that time (later found the bottle and I think the dosage was different) so I had asked for the same manufacturers.  Now they're different, and only have taken one dose so far.  I'm sure I can't tell anything yet, but I'm having anxiety about possibly having anxiety of course.  Also slightly hungover and it's gross and rainy out which doesn't help. 

I had been using Aurobindo and Eon Labs, and now both have switched to Solco.  Most of what I find online is people complaining that they hated switching to Aurobindo meds, so maybe I will just be better off?  Also probably should work to get off them as well.  I don't have much anxiety on a daily basis, and I'm in a totally different place than when I started.  Of course, never had a prescriber who had much information on the topic.  My current one is nice, but I really only use her for refills, and she's a PA who clearly doesn't have much training in this stuff.  She looks stuff up a lot, but again I'm just there for refills since I'm stable.

Any one have experience with any of these manufacturers?  Still can't believe that something that has such an effect on my brain can be so poorly controlled.  And if I was going to taper, should I do either one before the other?

Trying to remember to destress, keep calm, etc.  Just hope my meds don't send me for a loop.

Thanks!!

On 7/31/2020 at 12:28 PM, KrazyKat7410 said:

Any one have experience with any of these manufacturers?  Still can't believe that something that has such an effect on my brain can be so poorly controlled. 

One time when I filled my clonazepam, I got the Solco clonazepam.......Usually changes in manufacturers don'taffect me too much, but this Solco clonazepam literally made me feel like I was having a severe panic attack.....I didn't get much sleep that night.

The next day I called pdoc and she was able to straighten it out so I could get my usual Actavis/Teva clonazepam.....I had to turn in the unused Solco bottle...Now I have a notation at the the pharmacy that I can't use Solco brand, but I always check it before I leave the store just in case.

I’ve not had those specific generics. I have different generics all the time and I find it makes no difference. I didn’t even know there could be differences as its the same active drug.