CrazyBoards.org

I've been on Zyprexa since February.  Went up to 20mg fairly quickly, then had issues with sedation and backed off to 15mg.  Started to become mildly depressed shortly afterwards, and over the last month, there are times that I am more seriously depressed, it comes and goes.  

My husband thought I was up a bit too - and he says I've been irritable lately, which I am finally starting to recognize - I am VERY irritable, on the inside anyways, a lot - to the point that I'm pushing him away for doing things I normally love (if his lips are at all wet when he kisses me, it makes me want to crawl out of my skin - and I love him, and LOVE kissing him,  but I get really upset and want him to not touch me - it's not fair to him.

I've been back on 20mg at pdoc's guidance for the last week.  How long would Zyprexa take to work, as a general rule?

34 minutes ago, saintalto said:

For me it’s pretty instant.

That's what I was afraid of.  I am stewing in rage right now...UGH

I think the sedation/calming is pretty quick but the antipsychotic effects often lag behind... I don’t know by how much exactly 

I thought it was depression, but I realize a lot of what I'm feeling is anger.

35 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

I think the sedation/calming is pretty quick but the antipsychotic effects often lag behind... I don’t know by how much exactly 

I'm definitely not psychotic...just really, really irritable and angry.  UGH.  I think I still have some loxapine, maybe I'll take some.  Dunno.  I see pdoc in three weeks, don't know if I should wait it out or not.

45 minutes ago, jarn said:

I'm definitely not psychotic...just really, really irritable and angry.  UGH.  I think I still have some loxapine, maybe I'll take some.  Dunno.  I see pdoc in three weeks, don't know if I should wait it out or not.

My mentality is usually “doesn’t hurt to call” when in doubt 

I guess.  I JUST spoke to him a week ago - I'll see how tomorrow goes at the least.  

Pdoc said I need to be on higher (20mg) dose longer, and if I'm still like this in 1-2 weeks we'll reassess.

2 hours ago, jarn said:

Pdoc said I need to be on higher (20mg) dose longer, and if I'm still like this in 1-2 weeks we'll reassess.

That sounds like a good plan, but I know waiting really sucks when you don’t feel good 

Yeah I am all over the place.  My husband helps me feel better, but I can't ask him to stay home from work so that I'm not apoplectic (I am working from home, thank GOD I don't have to go into the office).  I took a loxapine 10mg this morning, didn't do anything.  Am considering trying an ativan.  

43 minutes ago, jarn said:

Yeah I am all over the place.  My husband helps me feel better, but I can't ask him to stay home from work so that I'm not apoplectic (I am working from home, thank GOD I don't have to go into the office).  I took a loxapine 10mg this morning, didn't do anything.  Am considering trying an ativan.  

Do u have it PRN?

Loxapine I used to be on, and have leftover.  I'm not supposed to take it.  Ativan I have PRN, I mostly use it for sleep.  Gabapentin handles most of my anxiety issues.