CrazyBoards.org

Question about anger/rage

I know if we're bipolar, we are supposed to experience anger or rage, but never in my entire life have I felt thoese emotions.  Irritation is probably the closest I've come.  I tend to feel hurt when someone does something to me.  Several times I have had to pretend to be angry to protect someone life, but I've never really experienced it.  I know that is one of my difficulties in relationships, not being able to easily assert myself even when I'm right.  I'm working on that in therapy.  As you can guess, there are lots of self-esteem issues involved ;)

Tommy

I got written up this week at work for "rage" issues--threw a bunch of stuff and "used profanity".  Boss was not in office, but the Jesus freaks are all ears and made sure she knew.

I just blow up--out of no where.  Guess why they call it bipolar.

china, no longer stable or even close to sane

Not everyone is going to feel the rage. Hubby never did. Highly aggitated for no discernable reason? Yup. But often he was too mellow (in a way) for people to understand how manic he really was.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same here, just mellow, laid-back.  I actually went about 28 1/2 yeasrs not allowing myself to express any emotions (except I would cry during sappy movies).

Tommy

Tommy-

We're all different. The BP spectrum, and all the disorders that can coexist with the BP DX entail quite a lot. I've also never had rage issues. I cry when depressed, like in exhaltation (sp?) when manic, and have racing, usually dark thoughts when mixed. I'm not mad at anyone. When psychotic, I throw things, act like a prima donna, and demand things (like I demanded a hydration IV with migraine meds the last time- they complied).

You are such a sensitive soul. Why are you "her tommy" anyway? You're YOUR Tommy! We're all our own. Own yourself. You can only really love others when you're happy in your own skin and own yourself- you know this already I know. It is one thing to know it intellectually and another to feel it inside your spirit and live it. You will improve, as you know, your whole life when you grow in your confidence and self-esteem.

Don't feel like a weird BP person because you lack common rage issues. Heck, we're all nuts, be happy you don't suffer that symptom! Like China, who goes batshit at work. I can live without that. I like having a job. I'm sure you do too, even if it involves the library (which is where I am now). BTW- librarians ARE weird, and so are tech chicks.

--- loon

Archived