CrazyBoards.org

I was prescribed caplyta in Friday and wanted to get feedback while it sits in preauthorization purgatory from those who’ve taken it on things like depression and anxiety.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, Iceberg said:

Curious, what Dx are u getting it prescribed for? 

BP depression.  I’m about 75% we’ll with Zyprexa as my AAP.  Want to see if caplyta can get me the rest of the way without the metabolic side effects.

Your doc thinks it’ll clear insurance ok? That’d be very good for me to know cuz I have never found a great BP depression med but i know right now it’s only approved for schizophrenia so I figured the insurance would be a no go 

1 hour ago, Iceberg said:

Your doc thinks it’ll clear insurance ok? That’d be very good for me to know cuz I have never found a great BP depression med but i know right now it’s only approved for schizophrenia so I figured the insurance would be a no go 

I think they will.  They approved Rexulti without a BP indication so I’m crossing my fingers.

2 hours ago, Arj72 said:

I think they will.  They approved Rexulti without a BP indication so I’m crossing my fingers.

Rexulti has now been approved for depression (augmenting your antidepressant)

It cleared my insurance just fine with a PA. Insurance copay card lowers copay to just $15. Very pro-cognitive, somewhat stimulating, appetite suppressing, weight loss inducing (at first), potent antidepressant and antiaggressive effects, potent antipsychotic effects, all around a very great antipsychotic.

11 hours ago, CeremonyNewOrder said:

Rexulti has now been approved for depression (augmenting your antidepressant)

Yeah but it still unfortunately doesn't have an indication for bipolar depression or manic/mixed episodes in bipolar disorder. They are working on the bipolar depression indication now I believe, but the trials for mania were a flop. In my experience it is a stellar med for bipolar depression.

Hi, just an update.  I've now been on Caplyta for 10 days now.  I can't say if it's doing much.  It's not doing anything bad, so that's good.  I think any effects it's doing is hidden because I continue to take Zyprexa (tapering), which is masking the effect maybe.  I have reduced my Z from 10mg to 2.5 over the past week and a half (9 days at 5, 1 day at 2.5) so I'm feeling a little bit of the withdrawal from that with some anxiety and insomnia.  Mood's stable on the depressed side of euthymic (very mild).  I do find I have a lot more concentration though... maybe a positive sign.  I'll update again after I'm off Z.  I'm asking my pdoc for smaller sized pills so I can break it down even further to 1.25.  Cutting an oblong pill into quarters is a PITA.