CrazyBoards.org

Last night I couldn’t sleep due to voices. I was hearing all sorts of crap. Random. It took me hours and hours to finally fall asleep. And I didn’t sleep well either. Kept waking up every few hours.

Anyway this stuck out especially.....I heard something about grandchildren being beaten or hurt. So I go looking around the house, bolting up out of bed. There used to be grandparents who lived in our twin home. Who knows, you know? Something bad could have happened.

So after a bit of searching our home, I returned to bed. Moaning, grabbing my hair and face. Just wanting to sleep and some silence.

How do you guys deal with voices when they won’t let you sleep? I need to find a way to cope. This has happened before and will happen again I’m sure. 

I have had to give myself effectively what is called a "B52." It consists of Haldol 5 mg and Ativan 2 mg. I follow that up with about 1 mg Cogentin to prevent acute dystonia from so much Haldol. That is a sledgehammer for psychosis or agitation of any kind.

Otherwise, Zyprexa (which I know you take) helps me, and Saphris helps me heaps. Just 5 mg Saphris is all I need. Never noticed any additional benefit from 10 mg or more.

Posted (edited)

PRN time. Take your Zyprexa PRN like you are supposed to when you have breakthrough symptoms and it should help you get to sleep. Remember it’s your miracle drug so don’t ignore it. You’ve told us so many times how much it helps. 

Edited by saintalto