CrazyBoards.org

The British government gives me £500 to live off a month
Average rent in my area is £950. (Not including bills and of course food)
I've looked at moving to a much cheaper area, but rent is still £400 at best.
I don't understand what Im supposed to do. It makes me think about suicide a lot because I just can't afford to exist without working, and I don't feel like I can work. 

2 hours ago, StarCrazy said:

The British government gives me £500 to live off a month
Average rent in my area is £950. (Not including bills and of course food)
I've looked at moving to a much cheaper area, but rent is still £400 at best.
I don't understand what Im supposed to do. It makes me think about suicide a lot because I just can't afford to exist without working, and I don't feel like I can work. 

Do you have any family members or friends you could stay with?........If so, you might be able to share a place to live, and pay less rent.

Just an idea.

That's ridiculously low - I can imagine how stressful that is. I'm in a similar situation, and live in an apartment in the basement of my mother's house, which I'm very lucky to be able to have.

• Like 1

Thanks 0112358. 
I feel lucky I have my parents to live off of. But both my Granddad and my Mum have hinted that I should look for somewhere to live on my own recently. I just don't know if its possible and I don't like uncertainty that it brings.
I also don't get on with my household very well other than my Mum and when they went away on holiday I felt a lot less stress in general.

I saw someone post a bedsit in a cheaper area of the country and it was still like £400 a month excluding bills.

I was just wondering if there was something I am missing.

When the market was high I bought a house to retiree to ought right. Now, being on disability not having the monthly housing mortgage/rent goes a long way to stretching $1,750. AS I am disabled they let me freeze the value of the house, for tax reasons. 

Edited by notloki
add tax freeze