CrazyBoards.org

I do not intend to change my medication and certainly not to Haldol but I wanted to know from others if they have ever been on it.

I was only once injected with haldol once when i was in a hospital. I remember the experience very fondly. I was in a pleasant sleep-wake state and was slipping into and out of consciousness. I then asked for something to eat and the staff gave me something. It tasted really good like as if I was eating after smoking weed or something. 

The next morning I woke up and I felt magically free from any delusions. I felt awakened to a higher spiritual level in which I noted that the universe is neither for me nor against me it just exists.

The injection was a mixture of haloperidol and finargan.

When I was on it, pdoc started me sub-therapeutic - I think because he was worried about lactation, which I already had from loxapine.

So when I started almost immediately I was psychotic.  Dose got raised, I became manic.  Dose got raised again, suicidal.  Then I got taken off of Haldol.  

Does it?  I thought it was supposed to be so good, I was really disappointed it didn't work out.

I had a horrible experience with haldol. I was given it at the hospital and got stiff muscles, grinding teeth etc...the fucking nurse at night did not believe me when I told her about my symptoms and it wasn't until the next morning when the pdoc came in that he knew what was happening I had to get a shot of cogentin and valium. I'm just glad I didn't do any permanent damage. I think haldol is a good emergency drug if you are severely manic or psychotic but long term no.

17 hours ago, the maze runner said:

The injection was a mixture of haloperidol and finargan.

You mean Phenergan (promethazine)?  It was probably that component that produced the pleasant effects, not the Haldol.  Promethazine can be a little bit euphoric and is sometimes abused as a recreational drug. I've never heard of haloperidol being a pleasant experience by itself.

1 hour ago, kasey said:

You mean Phenergan (promethazine)?  It was probably that component that produced the pleasant effects, not the Haldol.  Promethazine can be a little bit euphoric and is sometimes abused as a recreational drug. I've never heard of haloperidol being a pleasant experience by itself.

I thought so myself. It's quite possible it was the promethazine.

7 hours ago, CeremonyNewOrder said:

I had a horrible experience with haldol. I was given it at the hospital and got stiff muscles, grinding teeth etc...the fucking nurse at night did not believe me when I told her about my symptoms and it wasn't until the next morning when the pdoc came in that he knew what was happening I had to get a shot of cogentin and valium. I'm just glad I didn't do any permanent damage. I think haldol is a good emergency drug if you are severely manic or psychotic but long term no.

I saw this in the hospital too. the people on haldol were the most miserable of the lot.

16 hours ago, jarn said:

Does it?  I thought it was supposed to be so good, I was really disappointed it didn't work out.

I only meant as in it did unexpected things for both of us.