CrazyBoards.org

I hoarded a whole lot of stuff a few months ago back in early lockdown. Now I’m home for a week and trying to sort out the stacks of stuff sitting all around. For me, I was so disorganized I rebought things I couldn’t find or forgot, and I haven’t used much of it. Of course some was bought “in case” I lost my job, which now I just might. I have used some rice, tuna, canned fruit and of course I have used part of my toilet paper stash. Not much but some. 

So, what did you actually end up using?  And what did you do with the rest of it?  Give it away, store it, toss it, or is it all still sitting there?  Just wondering. 

It isn't covid stuff, but I didn't get a whole lot of stuff because I already have too much.  I am thinking of tossing a bunch of yarn, a ton of badly fitting clothes, some laptops that have been waiting to be fixed for years, a large collection of scented soaps that make me break out, and a lot of stuff like that that are sitting around in piles because I can't stand sitting at home and looking at this stuff and thinking about it.  I haven't done anything with it for years and probably never will.  

I got motivated after posting this and started throwing away things, but then I came across a cheesy study bible that someone left here years ago.  I felt guilty after I tossed it in the recycle bin, so I left it in the abandoned house on the street.  

Edited by Banana Smurf

I have a similar situation in that I have things that could be used, like clothes, but I have a problem getting things to somewhere. People tell me charities will come pick it up and there may be some but I can’t find one here. I do know yarn is wanted in shelters, or so someone who worked in one told me. So apparently donations are welcome, but again, for me getting it there would be the issue. Here they take laptops too but again here mine sit. Sounds like we have similar stuff. I did find a company that will pickup, and then take to charity, dump, or recycle, depending. That’s promising. This covid stuff has just made the situation worse for me.