CrazyBoards.org

This feels like a miracle drug, almost, so I hope it lasts. I took my first dose yesterday and feel so wonderfully calm. Already I'm thinking more clearly. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

2 hours ago, saoirse said:

This feels like a miracle drug, almost, so I hope it lasts. I took my first dose yesterday and feel so wonderfully calm. Already I'm thinking more clearly. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

A psychiatrist when I was IP told me zyprexa was my miracle drug back when I was basically in and out of IP because I was so severely sick. That’s funny you say miracle drug! It’s definitely my miracle drug. I fall to pieces without it. I literally decompensate within a week. I hear voices telling me to do hateful things to myself and get messages from the universe and worse. I can’t even hold a single thought for one second. It’s torture.

Yes, I find it very calming. And I sleep better. I am not “disorganized” as my team’s psychologist put it. The messages and voices I can handle better. I’ve only been manic one time since being on it for a year and a half now. And even then, my mania was less severe. I take 20 mg zyprexa daily and have up to 10 mg as needed, so I can take 30 mg daily if needed.

I need to exercise though. I got pre diabetic because I have stopped exercising because my gym is closed due to COVID. I need to do at home workouts. Ymmv of course but zyprexa can cause these problems sometimes. Just something to discuss with your dr about. Personally, I have lost weight on it.

It is my miracle med and I hope it helps you tons too!

• Like 1

I was on it for 10 years. It made me ok. Now I have changed to clozapine and I find clozapine even more rewarding. But those days on Zyprexa I have fond memories of.

I was on it for 6-8 months. And yes, oh so calming. I tried Latuda, Saphris, Fanapt, Abilify, Rexulti, loxapine, Zyprexa, probably missing some. My favorites were Zyprexa or loxapine, but loxapine I had to push into akathisia dose space for full symptom control. Zyprexa made my weight balloon and my lipids and blood glucose go out of control after just 6 months on 5mg. If it didn't make me so metabolically dysfunctional, I might have actually been able to live on it. However, after Zyprexa and loxapine, I found Rexulti and it has provided a similar calm paired with a cool stimulation that I just can't beat and it doesn't cause as much weigh gain as Zyprexa either.

That being said, Rexulti is brand only right now and if I were to lose my insurance I PROMISE YOU I will be back on Zyprexa stat because it's the only thing that manages my anxiety, mania, and depression all in one pill.

• Like 1