CrazyBoards.org

My doc says it's too mild to be of any use to me. I was once put on it by another hospital and I remember it being quite pleasant.

I've been on it in one form or another since 2002 or 2003.  My highest dose was 1000mg of the instant release, which isn't very common but not unheard of. For about 8 years I've been taking 600mg of the extended release.  It works for me (BP1 with psychotic features), but only as part of a broader cocktail. "Pleasant" is an odd word; it makes it sound as though you think it would appeal to you on a recreational level.

I tried low dose Seroquel (100mg) for sleep only, but even that small dose made me gain weight, so I stopped it after about 6 months.......I would like to add that not everyone gains weight on Seroquel.

25 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

..I would like to add that not everyone gains weight on Seroquel.

Thank you, that's important to note, because too many people make that assumption and try to apply it to all cases.

• Like 1

I lost some weight on it on higher doses.  I am not really sure why.  It didn't work very well at all for me, though, and I was kind of foggy on it.  YMMV

Edited by Banana Smurf

Also agree with @MiaB- it was weight neutral for me. But I was a decently active teenager. I used to take 400 ir at night and 400 ER in the morning. Unfortunately (besides making it hard to get up early) it really had no effects on me after several months and didn’t give the mood bump that we were hoping for.

@the maze runner what symptoms do you need to address that pdoc thinks it is too mild for? I have heard that some think that seroquel isn’t “robust” enough to be first line for psychosis (that is not necessarily my opinion, just saying that you aren’t the first person to suggest it) 

@Iceberg I have  psychosis or paranoid schizophrenia and he thinks that Seroquel will just not be enough.

@MiaB it's funny to use the word recreational for an antipsychotic but when I took 300mg I did indeed get recreational effects.