CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  

I saw my pdoc today for 12 minutes (half of which was eaten up by useless info gathering) and asked her about using zyprexa and if it was ok long term. Well she wasn’t reassuring and she skirted around my questions. She basically said  “um...zyprexa is a medicine we use sometimes. If bad side effects pop up then we have to treat them....“

I don’t want to be on it. But I go so very crazy without it.

I feel like I’m going to die soon either way. With or without it.

What am I supposed to do? I don’t see her for 6 weeks now again. 

Edited by Wonderful.Cheese

Is zyprexa going to kill me? I think so. But I’ll be dead without it too. I’m SOL. 

I’m having a hard time making myself take it.

I don’t know what’s right here. What’s the right answer or choice? Is there one? My pdoc certainly doesn’t seem to know.

I just feel doomed. (Sorry, I know I’m annoying)

Edited by Wonderful.Cheese

Remember that after all, it is an FDA approved drug so there's no reason to think it will harm you.

Edited by the maze runner

1 hour ago, Wonderful.Cheese said:

Is zyprexa going to kill me? I think so. But I’ll be dead without it too. I’m SOL. 

I’m having a hard time making myself take it.

I don’t know what’s right here. What’s the right answer or choice? Is there one? My pdoc certainly doesn’t seem to know.

I just feel doomed. (Sorry, I know I’m annoying)

Cheese your not annoying. I have had similiar time periods of doubting and second guessing my meds constantly on a loop in my head. I wish I had the right answer, but I don’t, I’m sorry you’re going through this 

I wish I had stayed on zyprexa. It was the first AP I took and it worked really well and astonishingly I didn't gain weight and my glucose didn't rise. But I was stupid and young and went off of it when I wanted to go on an alcoholic binge.