CrazyBoards.org

Is it safe to travel outside my state? Husband and I always take a small trip on our wedding anniversary. It’s our 10 year anniversary this year. Not a good time for pictures as we will be wearing masks all the time.

I don’t feel like it’s the right time to do this scenic trip we half planned. I think postpone but husband will “do whatever I feel comfortable doing.”

Would you travel? I think it would be more enjoyable if we didn’t have to worry about masks and COVID. Assuming that COVID is going away. :( 

We just got back from a 5 day camping trip, but stayed within the same province, and camping is naturally pretty distanced (wore masks when near people checking in/buying wood etc).  I'd say it depends on what you have planned.  Is it possible to stay in state?  Would that make a difference?  Not sure.

But really, if you're not comfortable - would you enjoy it? 

Edited by jarn

I think that part of the answer depends on where you live and where you are going.  For example, some of the East Coast states are banning travelers from other areas unless they quarantine.  I’m not up on the details...but it’s probably worth a google search to be safe.  

my parents cancelled the family trip because we would have had to eat out for all meals and they weren’t comfortable with that much contact.  I’d guess that there are probably ways to make it work though.

Seems like it could add up to a big hassle but maybe something within your own state would be easier?  I’ve been watching a YouTube channel by a man who usually travels but now is just exploring unusual places in his own province instead, including staying in a treehouse, hotel in a train car, etc. I wonder if your area has interesting things off the beaten path?  But if it seems too much trouble I think postponing is reasonable. Congratulations anyway. 

Using airlines is out of the question, so you would need to travel by car/motorhome.