CrazyBoards.org

I started Remeron/mirtazapine 15 mg a couple weeks ago. At first I took it at night like my psych said.  Then I started taking it in the morning, because I was having anxiety during the day. It helped at first even though it made me a little sleepy. The past couple days, I've been taking it in the morning, it hasn't made me sleepy at all, and it hasn't been helping my anxiety. It's like it worked for me at first, now after 2 weeks it stopped working. I have a psych appointment today and I will tell him. I guess I'm just posting this as a rant. Like for some people it works as a sleeping pill, and I can't even tell that I took it anymore?? Maybe my psych can increase the dose and it will start working again. 

3 hours ago, BostonGirl123 said:

Maybe my psych can increase the dose and it will start working again. 

I definitely suggest talking about this with your pdoc.......You do have room to go up on the Remeron, if your doc agrees.....Max recommended dose is 45mg/day......However, the lower doses tend to be more sedating, from what I have seen here.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

I went on remeron for depression, but especially to help the insomnia that came with it. I didn’t really feel it for sleep either and we had to add on another sleep med

I’m not saying it doesn’t work, just that I can relate to it not making you sleepy 

I've been on Remeron 15-45.

15 didn't do much of anything.

Then, I would take 30mg in the morning and by 2 PM I was in deep sleep, on my chair, in my office at work.

For around 30-40 minutes. I literally couldn't stay awake.

This med didn't agree with me from the beginning for many reasons, but it was by far the most sedating stuff I ever came across.

Edit:

For the sleep part, 45 was the same for me as 30.

Edited by HydroCat