CrazyBoards.org

I'm thinking of applying to work at an Amazon warehouse. Wondering if it will be too stressful for me. Anyone else worked for them? Was it too mentally or physically stressful? 

I've worked in an Amazon warehouse that was for the flights, and it was pretty mentally stressful.  I tend to not deal with work stresses very well, though, and the weirdly intense performance pressures and the odd social thing that was going on there stressed me out pretty bad.  One thing that freaked me out a lot was that they rotated us around in between different types of work each day, with no way to predict it.  I worked there over the holiday season, so that might influence my opinion.  They offer a lot of unpaid time off.  

Edited by Banana Smurf

A woman I know worked at one, and she found it very stressful. She said the pace was extremely hard to keep up with, and management put a lot of pressure on them to meet hourly quotas.

I don’t know your dx; it might be worth mentioning that my friend is autistic. A capable, independent adult autistic.