Jump to content
CrazyBoards.org

Recommended Posts

I had an unavoidable few days of sleep deprivation, one with a lot of sleep deprivation, and it is clearly causing some issues to start up!  I had a call scheduled with my psychiatrist, but I missed it, and I do not know if he will call back again.  He said that he would, but I would not count on it.  I can down a lot of benadryl, but it is not helping very much.  I was wondering if anybody had any good advice or suggestions for heading off an sleep deprivation induced episode or slowing it down.  

Edited by Banana Smurf
I actually got to talk to somebody on the phone, and she gave me and earlier appointment, I think because she couldn't understand me and I didn't make sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I get like that I take ativan...don't know what meds you're already on or if that's an available option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on Klonopin .25 mg per night for sleepwalking.  I have enough Klonopin to take more right now, but I don't know if I am still allowed to take the .5 Klonopins since my sleep doctor took me off the other dose.  I think I need to go jogging/walking today if I can ever focus enough to get anything done so that I can go do that or maybe just go so maybe I can focus better later possibly or maybe just get Taco Bell.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ativan. Klonopin takes an hour to be effective and is used for early waking insomnia. The faster hitting benzos, Xanax, Ativan, and Halcion are used when the problem is getting to sleep. Ativan and Xanax have essentially the same time to onset

I take Lunesta and Klonopin for early waking insomnia, it takes a lot to keep me asleep. When I  can't get to sleep I Take Ativan. If I have laid in bed and not fallen asleep in 30 mins. it is unlikely I will sleep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was having problems sleeping, I used low doses of Seroquel to help. I think it was recommended by people on this board, but it was years ago. It worked well.  Most people seemed to take 25mg-50mg. My sweet spot was 50mg although after quite awhile I had to bump it up to 100mg. 

I now take a different AP than I was taking then, and it helps with sleep, so I went off the seroquel eventually.

Edited by dilemma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, notloki said:

Ativan. Klonopin takes an hour to be effective and is used for early waking insomnia. The faster hitting benzos, Xanax, Ativan, and Halcion are used when the problem is getting to sleep. Ativan and Xanax have essentially the same time to onset

I take Lunesta and Klonopin for early waking insomnia, it takes a lot to keep me asleep. When I  can't get to sleep I Take Ativan. If I have laid in bed and not fallen asleep in 30 mins. it is unlikely I will sleep.

The problem with sleeping that I am having is that life is essentially a rolling series of naps, but I can't get a good long nap in at the end of the night, just a bunch of broken short naps, and it is increasing my tendency to microsleep and have short naps during the day, so Klonopin might work better because I guess that is early wake insomnia.  It might just be a problem of dosing or that I am getting jumpy.  I am also having a lot more physical pain in my back and legs now that I have started jogging and walking again and am worried that it is still messed up from an injury and delaying seeing a doctor.

 

27 minutes ago, dilemma said:

When I was having problems sleeping, I used low doses of Seroquel to help. I think it was recommended by people on this board, but it was years ago. It worked well.  Most people seemed to take 25mg-50mg. My sweet spot was 50mg although after quite awhile I had to bump it up to 100mg. 

I now take a different AP than I was taking then, and it helps with sleep, so I went off the seroquel eventually.

I still have some Seroquel laying around.  Maybe I should get rid of these tons of spare pills laying around?  I don't know if I will try taking some of it, but I will probably wait for my appointment.  It kept me asleep pretty well, but the side effects were not great for some reason that I don't remember.  I was taking Ambien for a while, though, and the side effects of that were probably the worst of anything, and it didn't even keep me asleep.  

Edited by Banana Smurf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Banana Smurf said:

 so Klonopin might work better because I guess that is early wake insomnia.  It might just be a problem of dosing or that I am getting jumpy.  I am also having a lot more physical pain in my back and legs now that I have started jogging and walking again and am worried that it is still messed up from an injury and delaying seeing a doctor.

It sounds like early waking.You should be able to sleep the whole night without waking, except to use the bathroom. I Have chronic pain, too, and pain is disastrous to sleep. pretty well need to be pain free to sleep. Do they treat your pain? The body will not heal quickly if you are in pain. If it is a chronic condition then it is worth it to see a pain doctor. In today's world they (DEA) don't want generalists writing pain med scripts. Pain doctors and neurologists are the ones they want writing long term pain meds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, notloki said:

It sounds like early waking.You should be able to sleep the whole night without waking, except to use the bathroom. I Have chronic pain, too, and pain is disastrous to sleep. pretty well need to be pain free to sleep. Do they treat your pain? The body will not heal quickly if you are in pain. If it is a chronic condition then it is worth it to see a pain doctor. In today's world they (DEA) don't want generalists writing pain med scripts. Pain doctors and neurologists are the ones they want writing long term pain meds.

I do not take any medications for pain except for OTC meds, but have done PT and chiropracty, but not recently.  I did not realize that I was still bothered so much when I did not have to sit so much during the day, and I don't know if trying to up exercise to make up for the sitting is making it worse.  I probably really need to make an appointment because it is getting a lot worse when sitting or laying down, and that is ruining a lot of the day when I need to focus or sleep.  Work is not going well and I am going to have to sleep in another place because I am thrashing too much, way too much.  I have been reluctant to go back because physical therapy seems like it might be an ordeal right now.  

Edited by Banana Smurf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...