CrazyBoards.org

So...I am in the midst of kicking a 2-4L/day diet pepsi habit.  Cold turkey.  (I know that sounds weird but I swear I have an addiction)

I am EXHAUSTED.  I've quit diet pepsi before, but never while on zyprexa.  

I'm not depressed, but yesterday (I had a migraine; likely weather), I slept for 2.5 hrs in the afternoon then went to bed at 9:30 - and that's become common.  The early bedtime anyways.  I used to stay up to 11-midnight ish.  So this is a big change.  

Is feeling tired all day a likely zyprexa thing?  I talk to pdoc tomorrow.  I take 25mg all at night.  I should go for a run but I'm too damn tired.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gearhead said:

Diet Pepsi has caffeine in it, right?

Lots!  Which, as a non-coffee drinker, was my main source of caffeine.  

I think all of that caffeine was masking for me just HOW sedating zyprexa is.  For whatever reason though, finally, today was better.  I've had two 1L pots of tea, each with two bags  (earl grey/green, and early grey/chai...don't give me a hard time about mixing them, my Brit MIL got me onto that!) and each steeped a minimum of 15-20 min before drinking.  I've done that for a few days now but today I just feel more awake.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jarn said:

Lots!  Which, as a non-coffee drinker, was my main source of caffeine.  

I think all of that caffeine was masking for me just HOW sedating zyprexa is.  For whatever reason though, finally, today was better.  I've had two 1L pots of tea, each with two bags  (earl grey/green, and early grey/chai...don't give me a hard time about mixing them, my Brit MIL got me onto that!) and each steeped a minimum of 15-20 min before drinking.  I've done that for a few days now but today I just feel more awake.

Congrats! Caffeine is tough to give up...(but with soda, I'd be more concerned about the artificial sweeteners, colorings and high acidity level). I've tried to give up my 3 mug/day coffee habit, but it's really my only vice. I seem to justify it by the research that says coffee has some health benefits....I consume about 300-400mg of caffeine. better than the stimulants I take I suppose?

I was curious to calculate your caffeine level with the soda...It seems 1 liter of Pepsi is only about 107mg of caffeine (https://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-content/pepsi-cola )  so,  if you drink 4 liters (that's a lot of liquids!), you're looking at 428mg caffeine, around the same as me. Tea is a great substitute!

Edited by Blahblah

7 hours ago, Blahblah said:

Congrats! Caffeine is tough to give up...(but with soda, I'd be more concerned about the artificial sweeteners, colorings and high acidity level). I've tried to give up my 3 mug/day coffee habit, but it's really my only vice. I seem to justify it by the research that says coffee has some health benefits....I consume about 300-400mg of caffeine. better than the stimulants I take I suppose?

I was curious to calculate your caffeine level with the soda...It seems 1 liter of Pepsi is only about 107mg of caffeine (https://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-content/pepsi-cola )  so,  if you drink 4 liters (that's a lot of liquids!), you're looking at 428mg caffeine, around the same as me. Tea is a great substitute!

Oh, I know, the sweeteners...yikes!  

I do drink a lot of liquids, that's part of the problem.  With tea and water now I probably average 4-5 L a day, and I'd say that was similar to before, too.  

On 10/23/2020 at 1:49 PM, jarn said:

Oh, I know, the sweeteners...yikes!  

I do drink a lot of liquids, that's part of the problem.  With tea and water now I probably average 4-5 L a day, and I'd say that was similar to before, too.  

Great job on giving up soda, it's so nasty!  I feel like the sweeteners are addictive, too.  It is creepy.  Averaging like 3L a day here of Diet Mt Dew.  I definitely need to give it up.  I have a really bad energy drink habit, too.  

Edited by Banana Smurf

Thanks @Banana Smurf!  I know it's probably bad, but a few people here have said they drink that much of diet pop too, and it makes me feel like less of a weirdo.  I still miss it though.  I think for sure the aspartame is addictive (one person's opinion).