CrazyBoards.org

sugarsugar

What is going on here? Confused at work

I’m so confused. First, I was in trouble at work for speaking in anger and frustration. Then that seemed all forgotten somehow. Then I was told I got a small extra raise, and would be trained to do my boss’s job just in case she got ill. What?  Such a disconnect. Then I had a bad fall and injuries and had to say I can’t do a small part of my job, takes 1-2 hours/week, for a couple months while I recover, although I can do everything else. She said she would report me to HR for that. I can’t understand why. So I feel like I am getting mixed messages here and feel very insecure in my job. One day all is well, next day I’m in trouble or at least in bad graces. And I have enough trouble of my own without all that. I don’t know what to think. 

12 hours ago, sugarsugar said:

I don’t know what to think. 

How long have you been working at this place?  Also, how long have the "mixed messages" been going on?

I have been there almost 2 years and got glowing feedback until my angry outburst. Since then it’s been up and down. 

6 hours ago, sugarsugar said:

I have been there almost 2 years and got glowing feedback until my angry outburst. Since then it’s been up and down. 

I know the "up and down" stuff sucks, but it might take them a little while to get over the outburst.

It sounds tough, but you may have to give them a little time.