CrazyBoards.org

I want to see and talk to a doctor face-to-face. For someone who's introverted this seems rather odd but I don't want to use my laptop and talk to a doctor through screens. Anyone else old-fashioned about this? Between this hurdle and also wanting to find a doctor who is female, I am making it difficult. Plus since COVID they are at least 12 weeks out for appointments . . . .

my problem with virtual/phone appointments is that i tend to hide and won't talk about the real issues. i just get nervous and say everything is okay. i need in person appointments so my tdoc/pdoc can read my body language too.

i assume by your wording that you're looking for a psychiatrist, not a therapist? i've been able to go back to in-person appointments with my tdoc (thank god), but pdoc for me has been phone-only since march. i've botched several appointments with pdoc by just getting tongue tied and afraid to speak up for myself.

i hope you're able to find adequate care soon.