Jump to content
CrazyBoards.org

Recommended Posts

Forgive me in advance as i am going to complain some more.

So i have been at 50 mgs of nozinan for a couple of weeks now and have tapered loxapine from 100 mgs to 50 mgs.i had an appointment with my pdoc yesterday and he didn't want to make any changes.Maybe i am being impatient i dunno.

He had decided on nozinan versus clopixol which is his other idea for me because i hadn't been sleeping and nozinan is supposed to be more sedating than chlorpromazine.It doesn't help me fall asleep,i need temazepam every night for that.i know i shouldn't be taking the temazepam every night and i am so scared it is going to stop working but i just cannot sleep without it.

Chlorpromazine used to knock me out and i would get beautiful sleep while on it,but i am not finding this with the nozinan.It was my pdoc's hope that it would help with my daytime anxiety and my OCD perhaps.But i really don't think it is helping.It is just making me feel so dragged down.i feel so heavy on both nozinan and loxapine.My pdoc told me to hold off on my morning dose of loxapine for a couple of hours to avoid the sedation but i so often really need that morning dose because of a spike in my anxiety.

i continue to have paralyzing anxiety and panic attacks and nozinan has a half life of 30 hours,You would think that along with the sedation i would get some relief from my symptoms.Maybe i am just at not high enough a dose.Our target dose was 100 mgs.That would mean getting rid of loxapine altogether i believe,and i am not sure how i feel about that.

Again,i think my pdoc wants me to be patient but it is so hard when i just feel so medicated all the while having terrible anxiety and obsessions and compulsions.

He had suggested clopixol with the idea that i would eventually be getting long acting injections of it.But i just dunno.i feel like he is being conservative right now,but i trust him implicitly.He is probably just being careful.But in one way or another i am very uncomfortable right now.

Chlorpromazine worked and i don't remember feeling this tired on it during the day.Nozinan is a very old medication as well and i can find little information about it.One thing that worries me is that it can cause insulin resistance,and because i am also on rexulti i am afraid of metabolic side effects down the road.But my pdoc said we'll monitor that.It can also cause long Q-T although the risk is less than with chlorpromazine which is why i had to stop taking that.

Anyway!'

So sorry to ramble on.i am just not sure what to do.i want to give this a fair shot but i dunno it hasn't been very much fun.It is giving me a very dry mouth and i think it is making my maddening tinnitus worse.

My pdoc's other idea was stelazine,but he reconsidered that when i told him that my father (who suffered from schizophrenia) developed tardive dyskensia from it.

Ugh! Ugh and Ack! It seems like there so few options left for me even though my pdoc says there are a lot of things we haven't tried.

Am i asking anything in my irritatingly long winded post?
i'm not sure.

It is 3:52 AM and i have been awake since around 1:30 AM.i really need consistent sleep and some relief from my anxiety and OCD.i would have to say my mood isn't really so bad but i am very discouraged.Yesterday my pdoc said the way my OCD manifests makes pyschotherapy difficult.i got freaked out for a few moments that he was frustrated with me,that he even might give up on me.But he has reassured me he's not frustrated and he won't fire me.

i'm sorry.Probably shouldn't be writing at this hour.

i just so want to crash out for a couple of hours and not wake up anxious.

i don't know how long to give the nozinan a chance.

Ok sorry enough.

Thank you for reading if you have and i am sorry if i have repeated myself form my insomnia post.

i just feel so desperate.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe tangentially related to your anxiety, but do you find you're more agitated?  When I first started on loxapine I noticed a huge and beautiful decrease in agitation - it shocked me.  Just wondering if you don't have anything to replace the loxapine in that regard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you retry chlorpromazine at a lower dose? Sorry if that’s stupid given my lack of info there 

What about ditching the nozinan and going up higher on the loxapine ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jarn said:

Maybe tangentially related to your anxiety, but do you find you're more agitated?  When I first started on loxapine I noticed a huge and beautiful decrease in agitation - it shocked me.  Just wondering if you don't have anything to replace the loxapine in that regard?

Thank you for your reply,

Yes,definitely agitated.i found loxapine very soothing in the beginning,and even when i was in the midst of a full blown panic attack i would hesitate before taking 50 mgs as it would just knock me out.i think it still helps,just not as well anymore.It does little for my panic attacks,and little for my obsessions,but yet i am still worried about stopping it.

i did ask my pdoc if i could start back on lorazepam subliniguals,but he refused to do that as he had just started me on temazepam.i don't think clonazepam does much either anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Iceberg said:

Could you retry chlorpromazine at a lower dose? Sorry if that’s stupid given my lack of info there 

What about ditching the nozinan and going up higher on the loxapine ?

Thank you as well for your reply.

i had to see a cardiologist after i developed long Q-T and my pdoc is too worried about it to start me back on it, sadly.

It is really too bad.It was such a great medication for me.

As for loxapine my pdoc never wanted me on anything higher than 100 mgs for fear of extra pyramidral side effects.Of course,nozinan carries the same risk so i don't know.

i have little faith that even a higher dose of loxapine would help much though.It seems my brain has blocked it's effectiveness now or something.

Sorry for being so negative and difficult.i appreciate your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, gabagaba said:

Thank you as well for your reply.

i had to see a cardiologist after i developed long Q-T and my pdoc is too worried about it to start me back on it, sadly.

It is really too bad.It was such a great medication for me.

As for loxapine my pdoc never wanted me on anything higher than 100 mgs for fear of extra pyramidral side effects.Of course,nozinan carries the same risk so i don't know.

i have little faith that even a higher dose of loxapine would help much though.It seems my brain has blocked it's effectiveness now or something.

Sorry for being so negative and difficult.i appreciate your help.

You’re not being difficult at all, meds are inherently complicated. I was just asking because Thorazine didn’t get along with me at higher doses, but I occasionally use it at low dose for sleep and it works like nothing else 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried gabapentin for anxiety?  That's worked amazing for me, now I just use lorazepam for sleep (occasionally).  Loxapine + gabapentin were a great combo for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iceberg said:

You’re not being difficult at all, meds are inherently complicated. I was just asking because Thorazine didn’t get along with me at higher doses, but I occasionally use it at low dose for sleep and it works like nothing else 

Thank you....yes,it really is a shame i can no longer take chlopromazine.It was great for sleep,anxiety and ocd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jarn said:

Have you tried gabapentin for anxiety?  That's worked amazing for me, now I just use lorazepam for sleep (occasionally).  Loxapine + gabapentin were a great combo for me.

yes,i took 1200 mgs of gabapentin in the hopes it would have an effect on my OCD for quite a long time.i didn't notice it having any effect on me at all.

Thank you for the suggestion and i'm glad it works for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...