CrazyBoards.org

Can you be mildly mixed?  Like mild depression or mild anxiety, but its equivalent for a mixed state?  I initially assumed no because my understanding/experience of mixed states is that they're such hell on wheels.  But I've been having some instability issues that led to the question. 

If you can be mildly mixed, what does that look like?

I would think it's possible...interested to see people weigh in though.  I'm not sure I can offer any experience.

Posted (edited)

thank you both.  Iceberg, I'm not having a temper issue, but I'm having what I think of as mood instability issues.  Like emotional dysregulation.  I fear that I'm going manic, but I don't have the mood elevation that comes with mania and I'm currently taking both lithium (on its way out), depakote (on its way in), and zyprexa.  But I do have this instability crap. 

Edited by dancesintherain

Good luck w/ the depakote.  It's kept me stable for a year.

I know what you mean, though, about mood fluctuations.  At the moment, I'm feeling more confidence than usual and I'm wondering why.  Hyper vigilance seems to go with affective disorders?  

So my therapist leans toward emotional dysregulation with elements of anxiety and mood issues, I think.  I actually have an email in to him to clarify.  Seeing as it happened the first two full days after I decreased the lithium (750mg to 600mg), it seems at least plausible that it was a reaction to that change.  It's also possible that work stress was a contributing factor and that having the weekend off reset things.  So we don't know where things are going from here.

I'm holding off on the next gabapentin increase to see if I need it (per pdoc's instructions at my appointment where she had me increase it). 

Edited by dancesintherain