CrazyBoards.org

My pdoc just put me on Gabapentin for my anxiety/panic, OCD, and agoraphobia, and I have been taking now for about 3 days so far......I am on a fairly low starting dose (100mg 3x day)......I think I may have tried it before a long time ago, but I can't remember for sure.

It doesn't seem to be doing anything so far for my anxiety at this dose,  and I am having nausea and bad dizziness, also extreme lethargy.......Are these common start-up side effects that might go away with time?.......Does it usually take a higher dose to notice any improvement in anxiety?

I have told my pdoc what's going on and he says to keep on taking and see if the side effects go away......If they don't subside, I'm supposed to call him back in a few days.

Basically I'm looking for people who have had experience with this med......Did you have any side effects, and did they go away with time?.....At what dose did you notice improvement in symptoms?......If it did improve your anxiety symptoms, how long did that take?

I want to give the Gabapentin a fair trial, but if this nausea and dizziness continues, it might be a deal breaker.

Any thoughts and experiences appreciated....!!  Thanks...

Edited by CrazyRedhead

After 10 days of taking Gabapentin, and experiencing constant nausea, dizziness, blurred vision, my pdoc told me to stop the Gaba, and we would discuss other med options at next appointment......I really wanted it to work, but I personally could not tolerate it.......I also talked to my pharmacist about it, and she said some people can tolerate it, and some can't.

However, if your pdoc suggests it, I would say it's worth a try...I've seen others here on it.