CrazyBoards.org

I am put on methylphenidate 10mg morning 10 mg afternoon. I get amazing euphoria right about some time after my afternoon dose but it subsides and gives way to a rather dull/boring evening. I am going to request my doc to add one more. In case he doesn't agree what else can I request which will make my evenings more bearable.

On 1/17/2021 at 8:31 AM, the maze runner said:

I am put on methylphenidate 10mg morning 10 mg afternoon. I get amazing euphoria right about some time after my afternoon dose but it subsides and gives way to a rather dull/boring evening. I am going to request my doc to add one more. In case he doesn't agree what else can I request which will make my evenings more bearable.

Is it a crash in the evenings, emotionally or physically, or are you just "bored" ?   i notice more fatigue & flatness in the afternoon/evenings, because Ritalin jacks up your heart rate, stimulation, attention and focus all day. It's a sort of Catch-22, like imagine drinking 10 cups of coffee all in one go, in the morning...you'll probably be wired, but then you come down harder & feel worse when it wears off in the evening.

You may need a dosage tweak, because tolerance is gained very quickly. Or you can take the extended version in the morning, which wears off more slowly. For me, they lose effectiveness over time, but it's better than nothing. (btw, stimulants aren't prescribed to make you feel "euphoric" all the time, it should keep you focused, and maybe a bit more task driven when needed)