CrazyBoards.org

what is your comfort clothing?

echolocation

i read the phrase "emotional support sweater" on twitter or something a while ago, and i thought it was pretty apt. i have a too-big hooded button-down flannel shirt that i just like to hide in. i wear it whenever i get to spend the day at home. it's just comfy and safe.

do you have an emotional support piece of clothing?

• Like 2

I feel "safer" -for lack of a better word- in hoodies (hooded sweatshirts). I collect them too so I have a bunch. I have a couple cat related ones (surprise lol) that I wear often. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I feel safer and more comfortable in winter when I can wear oversized jumpers to hide in. The more clothes I can wear, the better too. Like I can wear big socks, beanies, boots. I hate being so exposed in summer. 

yeah, we're almost at shorts weather where i am. i have scarring from self harm on my left arm and right thigh and someone always has to ask about it. i like the simplicity of summer clothes but man, does everybody need to ask about my fucking skin?

it depends on Who Is Fronting (such a fun, fun game): so there are certain skirts (cargo type with pockets and a hammer loop), overalls (aka coveralls), flannel shirts, a collection of t-shirts that have a certain "hand" to them (ring-spun cotton, i believe), knee socks, Chaco sandals (for half the year) and rain/garden shoes (for the other half of the year). i mean, there are really specific things clothing must pass to even make to the house, so technically any piece in the closet or dresser is comfort clothing to Someone Inside. 

goodness, that's complicated.

I like fluffy things. I'm wearing a fluffy jumper with fluffy trousers right now. I like everything to be cotton because my skin is very picky but certain fluffy polyester seems fine, however they do it!

A lot of fluffy things are "girly" though, for lack of a better word. I don't like it to be too "girly" but then I'm a girl so obviously everything i wear immediately becomes girly when I put it on. It's a silly word