CrazyBoards.org

Insomnia is making me feel all sorry for myself...

Yeah if I am very lucky if I get about 4 hours.I whine out loud to myself,which is such a crazy thing to do.At least before my kitty passed away I could say I was whining to poor little him for sympathy,now I am just behaving like a mad woman.

Two loxapine used to knock me out. I am now on 100mgs and nope.My chlorpromazine I take at 3 PM for my anxiety which for some reason tends to spike around that time.

Pdoc appointment was two days ago and it was just a check in call.He didn't have a whole lot of time for me.We had to spend the entire time focusing on my anorexia so my sleep issue didn't come up until the very end.He said to call him at the beginning of next week and we can then stop the rexulti and increase my chlorpromazine.

I pray it helps because I already have several other reasons that I cannot really function and this is definitely not helping.

Whine whine whine......

Oh my heart goes out tot hose of you suffering from insomnia as well and I hope you all find some relief because it is utter hell.

Oh no.  I do not suffer (I have the occasional night of it) but my husband sleeps very poorly and I have no idea how he functions.  He's found a white noise machine very helpful.  (Sleep doc recommended; he has mild sleep apnea but the CPAP didn't help and he found it loud enough it kept him up)

Have you done a sleep study or is this 100% meds?

37 minutes ago, jarn said:

Oh no.  I do not suffer (I have the occasional night of it) but my husband sleeps very poorly and I have no idea how he functions.  He's found a white noise machine very helpful.  (Sleep doc recommended; he has mild sleep apnea but the CPAP didn't help and he found it loud enough it kept him up)

Have you done a sleep study or is this 100% meds?

Thank you for your reply,jarn.

Yes,I had a sleep study done a few years ago.All that was determined was that I suffer from "broken sleep" (which,um,I kind of already knew).They told me I had had hundreds of short wakenings during the night,but no sleep apnea.The doctor told me there that really that was all they were looking for.

Haven't tried a white noise machine,but a lot of youtube sounds.For awhile thunderstorm sounds were helping,perhaps I will try that again.

Maybe rexulti is just too activating,even though I take it in the morning??

24 minutes ago, jarn said:

Oh that's awful.  What's your Rexulti dose - is it like Abilify in terms of being activating?

I am only on 1 mg of rexulti,I was on 2 mg for awhile but it made me too anxious.I don't know how it compares to abilify...

At any rate,if my chlorpromazine is increased,I have to stop it anyway,which is too bad,because i do think it has had a positive effect on my mood for the most part.

In my utter morning desperation I left a message for my pdoc,telling him I can't stand it anymore and can't handle even the weekend without sleep.I feel bad because with my Everything I have been calling him a lot more often but,well...I would just like some decent rest,you know?

Oh that would be so lovely....

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, gabagaba said:

I am only on 1 mg of rexulti,I was on 2 mg for awhile but it made me too anxious.I don't know how it compares to abilify...

At any rate,if my chlorpromazine is increased,I have to stop it anyway,which is too bad,because i do think it has had a positive effect on my mood for the most part.

In my utter morning desperation I left a message for my pdoc,telling him I can't stand it anymore and can't handle even the weekend without sleep.I feel bad because with my Everything I have been calling him a lot more often but,well...I would just like some decent rest,you know?

Oh that would be so lovely...

My heart goes out to you. I too suffer from insomnia and I'm treatment resistant. Have you tried something like restoril or Ambien? Also I read this book called sound sleep sound mind that helped to improve my sleep by a couple of hours. There is also a branch of CBT on insomnia, which according to studies is effective. I'm sure you know all about sleep hygiene by now.

https://www.amazon.com/Sound-Sleep-Mind-Sleeping-through/dp/111851601X/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=sound+sleep+sound+mind&qid=1616689499&sprefix=sound+sleep+s&sr=8-3

1 hour ago, CeremonyNewOrder said:

My heart goes out to you. I too suffer from insomnia and I'm treatment resistant. Have you tried something like restoril or Ambien? Also I read this book called sound sleep sound mind that helped to improve my sleep by a couple of hours. There is also a branch of CBT on insomnia, which according to studies is effective. I'm sure you know all about sleep hygiene by now.

https://www.amazon.com/Sound-Sleep-Mind-Sleeping-through/dp/111851601X/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=sound+sleep+sound+mind&qid=1616689499&sprefix=sound+sleep+s&sr=8-3

Thank you....and I am oh so sorry you suffer from treatment resistant insomnia,you have all my empathy.

I actually am on restoril right now,and I do find it somewhat helpful for sleep initiation,but nothing I am taking seems to keep me asleep throughout the night.Ambien does nothing for me.

My pdoc left me a message to stop the rexulti so that next week we could increase my chlorpromazine.I dunno,we shall see I guess....

Thank you for the book recommendation,I will check it out.

7 hours ago, gabagaba said:

Thank you....and I am oh so sorry you suffer from treatment resistant insomnia,you have all my empathy.

I actually am on restoril right now,and I do find it somewhat helpful for sleep initiation,but nothing I am taking seems to keep me asleep throughout the night.Ambien does nothing for me.

My pdoc left me a message to stop the rexulti so that next week we could increase my chlorpromazine.I dunno,we shall see I guess....

Thank you for the book recommendation,I will check it out.

What’s your chlorpromazine dose now? Could you mess with the timing - still take what your taking at 3 and the. Take extra right before bedtime to hopefully last longer into the night?

I am a big fan of chlorpromazine for treatment resistant sleep issues, I was on it for a while after lots of other approaches failed 

2 hours ago, Iceberg said:

What’s your chlorpromazine dose now? Could you mess with the timing - still take what your taking at 3 and the. Take extra right before bedtime to hopefully last longer into the night?

I am a big fan of chlorpromazine for treatment resistant sleep issues, I was on it for a while after lots of other approaches failed 

Thank you for your reply,Iceberg.

I am only on 25 mg of chlorpromazine right now as I am still on 100 mgs of loxapine at night.I guess we will be adding 25 mgs of chlorpromazine at night which I really hope will help.

I would actually much rather stop loxapine altogether and be on 100 mgs of chlorpromazine again because not only did it help me sleep,but it did help with my anxiety and my OCD as well.

My pdoc is being cautious however because I developed long QT on it in the past.It is so too bad.As I know I have said here before,so forgive me for repeating myself,I so love chlorpromazine.I am at the point where I would almost rather risk the heart issue,have regular ECGs and go back on chlorpromazine,taking 25 mgs at 3 PM and 75 mgs at bedtime,but I don't think my pdoc will think that is such a good idea.There is even a small risk of long QT at 25 mgs....