CrazyBoards.org

DX's that were lost along the way

Does anyone have a problem with switching docs all the time? I have done this so much that there were some DX's that got lost along the way.

For example one of the docs had DX'd me with schizoaffective, GAD, and manic depressive(same as bipolar?) Then all the docs after that have DX'd me with bipolar II and depression. The other DX's were never brought up again... One thing I think I should be DX'd with is Social Anxiety Disorder. This is one of my main problems and I do bring it up, and yet was never DX'd it.

Anyone have DX's that were lost along the way?

Ah me and my DX labels again...

Mine wasn't really lost along the way, but the doctor almost missed my BPD dx just because he wasn't seeing me with any real frequency.  My tdoc had to bring it up and then he re-examined me and concurred. 

Also, they *may* have potentially missed a physiological cause for some of my MI problems.  I say *may* because I haven't had the opportunity to see the doctor since my labs came back, but my cortisol level is all screwed up and I suspect that my estrogen may be as well.

I seem to have the "the Psychiatrist and the Therapist couldn't agree on how many fingers they have on one hand" problem. As well, one doc says this and another doc won't even consider the aspects. The best thing I found was to take some time and go over this with your current doc. Of coarse different doctors will have different opinions; but as long as you talk about your symptoms (what you have now, what you used to have), your current doc should be able to differentiate this and that after seeing everything.

Twitch

• 1 month later...

I haven't really had any lost. (god knows how many times I've gone into my therapist's office saying something along the lines of; "I'm a borderline." "no you're not." "well, then. I have epilepsy." "do you have seizures?" "well..." "I didn't think so." "fine, then, I'm a hypochondriac." "yes, I know.") but my therapist and my doctor can't decide whether I'm dysthemic with severe recurring major depression or if I'm just severly major depressive. I like the first one because when you say a string of long words like that, people's eyes tend to bug out a little. ;) there's also their bipolar argument and the GAD / agoraphobic diagnosis that's only been made on one end.

but I think it makes sense since I don't tell my doctor the truth much. (...and he's the one who controls my life via pills. interesting...)

Archived