Jump to content
CrazyBoards.org




Waiting for assessment & struggling....


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jarn said:

Four months.  Wow.  It is scary that so many people need help, and so few can access it.  

Would an in-hospital OCD program offer any help?  I honestly have no idea.

I would so love to be able to do an inpatient intensive OCD program but sadly to my none exist in Canada,at least not that I am aware of,will ask my pdoc.

But years ago it was why I was referred to MacLean in Boston....nothing here.

Ah well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, jarn said:

Worth asking.  Or even a regular hospital program?  Would that help at all?

I dunno...the last time i was hospitalized after my heavily restricting and my overdose I did do well with eating,but fell backwards as soon as I got out.And I think it was about a year or so ago? I was in our major mental health centre and underwent refeeding,then soon went inpatient in the ED program at another hospital but didn't last long in the program.

I fear if I keep going the way I am going soon I won't have any choice as far as being admitted to a general pysch unit...

My pdoc has never really threatened me with putting me on a form but I know he would if he felt my health was in danger.

I have an appointment with him today.Will see what he says...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let us know what he says. 

I was thinking if regular inpatient could bridge you to the ED program.  I dunno if that's how they would work together though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 3:17 PM, jarn said:

Let us know what he says. 

I was thinking if regular inpatient could bridge you to the ED program.  I dunno if that's how they would work together though.

My pdoc said he wondered if I were to need to go back to emerg. if that would expedite things,but I am not sure.Years ago,when I was hospitalized for refeeding just for 10 days they really fought for my assessment to be pushed up.

At my current weight,if I don't turn it around soon I will be headed very likely to a general pysch unit.

I am also going to start working with an ED ACT team that I worked with years ago which is a positive...

Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a positive!  Good for you!  I hope the ED ACT team helps.  And, emerg is always an option I guess.  Pdoc will know what to do when.

You should be proud of all the self-advocating you're doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jarn said:

That is a positive!  Good for you!  I hope the ED ACT team helps.  And, emerg is always an option I guess.  Pdoc will know what to do when.

You should be proud of all the self-advocating you're doing.

Thank you so much for your continued support and validation,jarn.

I do have some optimism about the ACT team.They were very helpful the last time I worked with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course.

I've currently got most of my ED under control-ish - most people would not guess, unless they know me - but I can get how hard it is.  And I have OCD type stuff (mostly intrusive thoughts, but some checking too; a psychologist said 'I'd dx you with OCD but it doesn't seem to cause you distress' - but that was after a lot of effort on my part to work on the checking) and I know how that can manifest with food stuff.  I can't entirely relate to your situation, but I do know how hard to deal with this can be, even with me being fairly under control.

I'm glad ACT was helpful last time.  That sounds like a good option.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2021 at 6:41 AM, jarn said:

Of course.

I've currently got most of my ED under control-ish - most people would not guess, unless they know me - but I can get how hard it is.  And I have OCD type stuff (mostly intrusive thoughts, but some checking too; a psychologist said 'I'd dx you with OCD but it doesn't seem to cause you distress' - but that was after a lot of effort on my part to work on the checking) and I know how that can manifest with food stuff.  I can't entirely relate to your situation, but I do know how hard to deal with this can be, even with me being fairly under control.

I'm glad ACT was helpful last time.  That sounds like a good option.  

 

I am so glad you have your ED mostly under control....would not wish the amount of misery I am going through upon you..I hope you can eventually be rid of it altogether.I am so sorry you can relate at all...

That is great how you faced and dealt with your OCD.That certainly isn't easy either....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the OCD stuff is still there but I've worked it so it's not too intrusive in daily life.  I'm not really sure how I managed it, to be honest.  

ED stuff is miserable.  Stay strong, you can get through this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...