CrazyBoards.org

Recently diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder bipolar 1 type. I didn't realize that during mania I act out Sexualy and I don't remember any of it when the mania goes away. Is this very common? 

Acting out sexually is very, very common. The degree to which a person remembers or forgets is pretty variable. Mania screws with your memory. Some things stay incredibly vivid, and others don’t. It’s a crapshoot. 

Just two months ago my parents told me about an indent while manic that happened in 12th grade involving driving me 2 hours into a city hospital and trying to get me admitted - making me wait in the psych ER for several hours alone. - it was as if it never happened. To this day I have no idea what the incident was and what actually happened to me -all I know is the bipolar can really fuck with what I remember 

Edited by Iceberg
2 hours ago, Iceberg said:

into a city hospital and trying to get me admitted - making me wait in the psych ER for several hours alone. - it was as if it never happened. 

Oh, yeah-something quite similar happened to me. Memory fuzzy at best. Don’t remember waiting at all.