CrazyBoards.org

do you use a mood tracking app or document of some sort?  is it required by a treatment provider?  how do you find it helpful or not helpful?

I'm exploring because my tdoc has suggested that maybe I don't need to keep using the mood tracking app.  He said that he's not telling me stop it if I find it helpful.  But that if it's just for him, I don't need to do it anymore.  So that got me wondering about what it's doing and/or not doing for me. 

I have never found one useful for me because I can’t seem to figure out how to make it work for what I’m experiencing. But I know they have been suggested to me and my pdoc requested it but finally gave up on that plan. Does tracking help you?  Can you recognize trends or warning signs?  Maybe I’m not self aware as much as some but they don’t seem to accurately describe what I’m feeling. The idea was that I would see a manic trend but no. Maybe a trial week without would give you an idea, unless you see it’s too helpful to risk that?

I find it helpful because I can't accurately remember how I was doing for more than the past day or so ... like if I'm currently doing fine I'll forget how badly I was doing just a few days earlier. Using the app allows me to give a more accurate picture of how things have been to my tdoc/pdoc when I see them. It also means I can look and see that my mood's been trending down for several weeks when it seems like only a day or two (or vice versa). The one I use allows me to track sleep, exercise, my cycle, anxiety level, medication changes or when I've taken my PRN, etc.

thank you both for thoughtful replies.  I think I'm going to do the "go without for a week and see how you feel" plan.  I've never seen it as being really helpful, but I can get how possibly it's playing a role in keeping me stable (not that I'm currently stable).  I can go without and see what tdoc would have known at the end of the week had I done it.