CrazyBoards.org

Having a Bridget Jones moment

So I'm just starting to get to that age (near 30) where almost all of my friends are married and starting to have kids. Just this week I found out that another married friend is pregnant.

I was never in a rush to settle down when I was younger. I even had the opportunity once but I just felt too young and inexperienced to make a lifetime commitment. I'm starting to wonder if that was a mistake because he was the nicest guy I ever dated and now he's married to someone else.

Anyway, I'm starting to really freak out...what if I never get married?! What if I don't meet the right guy until I'm older and then it will be too late (we all know that men like young women)?? Aghh. I think I want kids but I'm not even sure about that. But if I'm going to marry someone who wants to have a family I only have a certain amount of time in which to do that, if you catch my drift. Being a woman is so hard because you start to feel like you have a shelf life...and there are always going to be younger women who are competing with you.

Well, I just had to get this off my chest. I don't know if any of you can relate.

If you weren't ready, you weren't. You did yourself a favor, most likely. You might be a single mom right now. Or stuck in the situation and feeling restless to get out. Or it might have been completely over by now anyway.

Guys don't always want younger. Both of my girlfriends (NO, not at the same time!) have been a little bit older. (A year or two.) If they want younger, what happens when he is 55 and you are 45, and up to this point it's been based on physical attraction and appearance?

• 2 weeks later...

hey good news for all the ladies - zsandoz is single and willing to fuck! and i'm very sweet and especially understanding about MI issues (having MI myself) ..... any takers??????????

sometimes i feel like im getting old too ;)

hey good news for all the ladies - zsandoz is single and willing to fuck! and i'm very sweet and especially understanding about MI issues (having MI myself) ..... any takers??????????

sometimes i feel like im getting old too ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OLD? You're in your mid-20's if your profile info is correct.

I'm 45 and widowed. I'm kinda waiting for Mr. Perfect to ride up and take me away from all this in is gun metal grey SUV...

But meanwhile, I keep readying myself for a healthy LTR. My late husband was a healthy LTR. Really my first. The draw, the pull of the soulmate toward me, I think lies in my readiness, because I'm looking for a partner. Not a caretaker, not someone to be taken care of. Just someone to share the journey. And he has to have that too as the number one criteria.

I do prefer them to be my age or younger, up to 10 years younger is okay, if they have their head on straight. My deceased husband died young, 48, lung cancer, smoker yes. He was 8 years older than me. It's irrational, but I don't want to date anyone older than me. Or get involved with anyone older than me. Knowing full well when death calls, we have little choice but to answer, regardless of age.

Anyhoo. My rant. It is a different place, I know from someone who has not ever done the marriage, kids, divorce(2 times) thing. But alone is alone, and often it bites.

Good luck Bridget! I still need to see that movie...I'm so behind...

S9

sometimes i feel like im getting old too :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OLD? You're in your mid-20's if your profile info is correct.

I'm 45 and widowed. I'm kinda waiting for Mr. Perfect to ride up and take me away from all this in is gun metal grey SUV...

But meanwhile, I keep readying myself for a healthy LTR. My late husband was a healthy LTR. Really my first. The draw, the pull of the soulmate toward me, I think lies in my readiness, because I'm looking for a partner. Not a caretaker, not someone to be taken care of. Just someone to share the journey. And he has to have that too as the number one criteria.

I do prefer them to be my age or younger, up to 10 years younger is okay, if they have their head on straight. My deceased husband died young, 48, lung cancer, smoker yes. He was 8 years older than me. It's irrational, but I don't want to date anyone older than me. Or get involved with anyone older than me. Knowing full well when death calls, we have little choice but to answer, regardless of age.

Anyhoo. My rant. It is a different place, I know from someone who has not ever done the marriage, kids, divorce(2 times) thing. But alone is alone, and often it bites.

Good luck Bridget! I still need to see that movie...I'm so behind...

S9

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i was just kidding about the getting old thing (yeah i'm 26)... but i would like to sustain some kind of relationship, even if it doesnt turn out to be long-term.. alone sucks a lot, although singleness has its good moments.  anyways im very available lol..  ;)   j/k

Archived