CrazyBoards.org

Best and Worst Combination: Zolpidem and Mirtazapine

as an update, i'm now on 15mg of trintellix  and 30mg of cymbalta and nearly done with the cross-taper. i'm also trying to drop the 10mg of ambien for the sake of simplicity if i am able to without my anxiety spiking a ton and creating problems. tonight is the first night going without the 5mg that i had gotten myself down to and thus i'm posting at 1:15am.

other than my appetite normalizing, there have to-date been no other benefits. i suppose one could say that's a very large benefit and  it is, but i've otherwise been really quite disappointed in trintellix as it feels like any other ssri to me. i could be cross-tapering onto paxil for all it feels like. still sexually dysfunctional, still depressed, but i now weigh 137 lbs.

4 hours ago, basuraeuropea said:

other than my appetite normalizing, there have to-date been no other benefits. i suppose one could say that's a very large benefit and  it is, but i've otherwise been really quite disappointed in trintellix as it feels like any other ssri to me. i could be cross-tapering onto paxil for all it feels like. still sexually dysfunctional, still depressed, but i now weigh 137 lbs.

I would suggest giving the Trintelllix a bit more time, especially if your doc plans to raise it to 20mg.....Sometimes medications can take some time to give you the full benefit.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

I would suggest giving the Trintelllix a bit more time, especially if your doc plans to raise it to 20mg.....Sometimes medications can take some time to give you the full benefit.

thanks, @CrazyRedhead. yes, the next step of the cross-taper is to raise trintellix to 20mg and drop cymbalta. thanks for the encouraging words. i had an appointment this past week with my psychiatrist who said that he will monitor me closely and if things don't improve over the next few weeks to a month then he will attack the problem from a novel method but didn't mention which or what he was leaning toward. my guess is that he doesn't quite know yet. my next appointment is in three weeks because of the suicidal ideation that i've been having due to the life-impairing side effects.

anyhow, for now i'll just continue with the cross-taper as i'm due to be off of cymbalta completely by tuesday evening of this week. so far i'm doing okay without ambien...

• Like 1

okay, @CrazyRedheadI need advice and you're just the one to give it because you're on 20mg of trintellix.

so since discontinuing ambien i have had some normalization of sexual functioning which has been fantastic for me in general - the question my doctor has is whether the increase to 15mg from 10mg of trintellix had something to do with it as well as both changes occurred around the same time. so, he has proposed two options: continue with the cross-taper and see what happens knowing that the sexual sides may increase on the full 20mg of trintellix or hold everything steady and perhaps wind up on two antidepressants (15mg of trintellix and 30mg of cymbalta) and never know if things would improve even further.

i don't know what to do!

11 hours ago, basuraeuropea said:

okay, @CrazyRedheadI need advice and you're just the one to give it because you're on 20mg of trintellix.

Well, I can say that for me personally, 20mg trintellix hasn't had any noticeable sexual side effects.

If you go to 20mg, and find you have more sides, you can always go back down to 15mg......If you feel safer just staying at 15mg, nothing wrong with that either.

You should go with whatever makes you feel the most comfortable.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Well, I can say that for me personally, 20mg trintellix hasn't had any noticeable sexual side effects.

If you go to 20mg, and find you have more sides, you can always go back down to 15mg......If you feel safer just staying at 15mg, nothing wrong with that either.

You should go with whatever makes you feel the most comfortable.

so i decided to go up to 20mg off trintellix last night and drop the last 30mg of cymbalta and i wouldn't have done this if i had not been having pretty severe breakthrough anxiety several hours between my klonopin/lyrica doses. it's a gamble, but yeah, i can go back to 15mg and resume taking 30mg of cymbalta even though that's funky and i was having that terrible  breakthrough anxiety which is, as you know, a pretty severe setback for a panic disorder sufferer. this isn't directly related to cymbalta/trintellix, but rather dropping ambien which was playing a dual role as an anxiolytic and a sedative hypnotic. i've lost that anxiolysis, however, i've also lost the sexual dysfunction associated with ambien which was far more that i had thought.

i'm hoping this works! thanks so much for all of your help during this transition @CrazyRedhead!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

i think i might try 15mg of trintellix and 40mg of cymbalta (instead of the 30mg i was on previously with 15mg of trintellix) because 20mg of trintellix is just way too difficult for me to take. the side effects way outweigh the benefits.

Edited by basuraeuropea
  • Like 1