CrazyBoards.org

Posted (edited)

Clozapine and zyprexa wow are you really sedated? Maybe just be on one or the other? If your pdoc will let you, maybe adding a stimulant? I have no experience with amisulpride so I don't know. I'm currently on caplyta and I've found it's less intense cognitive wise then clozapine but clozapine is very effective so I don't know your personal situation and whether you truly need it to function. Have you tried abilify?

Edited by CeremonyNewOrder

I do take methylphenidate 30mg per day. I've gotten so used to the APs that I do not feel sedated at all. Just a bit calm. Abilify I have tried. I am kind of neutral towards it.My pdoc once mentioned flupentixol but never mentioned it again.

Sorry maze I forget what’s available where you’re located but id say it depends on what you’re treating. Clozaril and zyprexa both turned my brain to sludge and I know I wouldn’t have tolerated them together - so hypothetically I think there is a strong chance of switching in amisulpride might be easier on cognition, but I’ve never taken it 

Posted (edited)

The only other thing I can think of is that with the flupentixol is that the non sedating typicals might (*might) have less sedation/cognitive issues at a low dose. I switched from zyprexa to perphenazine once (not exactly the same because perphenazine is less potent but has similar side effect profile) and it was definitely easier on cognition. Unfortunately it didn’t work as well 

edit: oops I just realized that med is mainly used as a long acting injection which makes my comparison irrelevant 

Edited by Iceberg