CrazyBoards.org

For just a quick post, I have a relatively simple question. I know that different people have different experiences with the same dx, but I was wondering for my own brains sake.

When do you have Major Depression?

Is it sporatic? All the time? In episodes?

Does those episdoes come in severities? Patterns?

How long do you stay in a Depressive state? How long does it last?

If it is in episodes or sporatic, how often do you get it? Couple of times a day? A week? A year?

And any other info you can spare?

Quick post? Lets rant! Has anybody with the dx of Schizophrenia/Schizoaffective DO (any type) change through the years? Not just in severity or small changes, but have you gone through dx to dx to dx; skipping through BP 2 then 1 then with psychotic features? To SchizA DO? To no mood component at all? Or No mood component to Major Depression to BP 2 or Cyclothymia? From Schizoaffective MD Type to BP Type?

Ask your Bipolar, Majorly Depressed and Schizophrenic friends too. Make it fun for the whole family.

Twitch

Hi Twitch.

When did your Dx change? I only just noticed it and searched through your posts but couldn't find one where you'd mentioned it. Are you relieved or the opposite?

Anyway, my dx history:

I believe the common starrting point is psychotic disorder NOS, but I sort of jumped the que and my pdoc went straight for schizophrenia.

Some time later she added depression giving me a dx of schizoaffective disorder major depressive type.

I soon came off anti depressants when I got a good job. I still get miserable but not suicidal.

I'm very stable now, no positive symptoms (assuming you place disorganised symptoms under negative symptoms or on their own as disorganised symptoms) yeah so no psychotic symptoms to use the contemorary lingo. Disorganiised symptoms wax and wain and so do negative symptoms. But I've also recently started anti epileptic meds for what seems to be some sort of seizure (I'm not completely conviinced but the meds do seem to help) so they may be adding to the cognitive dulling etc.

Hi Twitch.

When did your Dx change? I only just noticed it and searched through your posts but couldn't find one where you'd mentioned it. Are you relieved or the opposite?

Well my DX hasn't really changed, although my symptoms have. Haven't seen a doc in 4 months (or so), so I really have no "professional insight" or other perspective to this stuff (besides my own knowledge and perspective).

Anyway, my dx history:

I believe the common starrting point is psychotic disorder NOS, but I sort of jumped the que and my pdoc went straight for schizophrenia.

Psychotic Disorder NOS, really? If I can remember I believe I started with gradual Negative Symptoms and some Disorganization. I then jumped head first into the pool of psychosis.

But I can't even imagine jumping into the diagnosis of full blown Schiz.

Some time later she added depression giving me a dx of schizoaffective disorder major depressive type.

That's what happened to me.

I soon came off anti depressants when I got a good job. I still get miserable but not suicidal.

I'm very stable now, no positive symptoms (assuming you place disorganised symptoms under negative symptoms or on their own as disorganised symptoms) yeah so no psychotic symptoms to use the contemorary lingo. Disorganiised symptoms wax and wain and so do negative symptoms. But I've also recently started anti epileptic meds for what seems to be some sort of seizure (I'm not completely conviinced but the meds do seem to help) so they may be adding to the cognitive dulling etc.

Oh, wow. That is awesome. It's great that you are stable. Sorry about the Seizures. Although it is great that meds can help that. I hope to one day be stabilized. Hard to imagine, heh.

Thanks Dan for your history and story, I really appreciate it.

Twitch

Archived