CrazyBoards.org

Augmentation for anxiety?

Posted (edited)

lyrica? remeron? neurontin? trazodone?

also, more likely to induce anhedonia, but clomipramine is sometimes prescribed alongside an ssri/snri, by a very skilled psychopharmacologist to treat ocd.

otherwise i think that your best bets are going to be antidepressants and, if you can tolerate them, AAPs.

and who is declining benzodiazepines for all? your doctor? find another one.

Edited by basuraeuropea

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, OCDme said:

SSRI/SNRI monotherapy still leaves me with lots of residual anxiety and ocd. Zyprexa did not work for me. Risperdal did not work for me. I declined haldol oppurtunity due to concerns about worsened anhedonia.....apathy....not like it doesn't make sense due to politics and stuff.... declining benzos for all...  due to it being only  temporary and the remote risk of it being fun... as if that actually negates their therapeutic value......

If your doc declines using benzos for everyone, I would suggest looking around for another doc.....My pdoc has no problems prescribing benzos if they are needed.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

My pdoc has prescribed me benzos but I think there is intense pressure from my HMO to not prescribe them. I went to the ER after barley sleeping for several weeks and all they gave me were three ativans. My HMO also banned doctors from prescribing Xanax.

Edited by CeremonyNewOrder
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2021 at 10:47 AM, CeremonyNewOrder said:

My pdoc has prescribed me benzos but I think there is intense pressure from my HMO to not prescribe them. I went to the ER after barley sleeping for several weeks and all they gave me were three ativans. My HMO also banned doctors from prescribing Xanax.

are you able to change insurance carriers? because you have a shitty hmo.

OR can you get your psychiatrist to write you two scripts - one that your HMO will pay for and another that you'll pay for out-of-pocket with the latter being the benzodiazepine?

4 hours ago, basuraeuropea said:

are you able to change insurance carriers? because you have a shitty hmo.

OR can you get your psychiatrist to write you two scripts - one that your HMO will pay for and another that you'll pay for out-of-pocket with the latter being the benzodiazepine?

Unfortunately I can't switch my HMO right now because I'm in a particular situation where I can stay with this HMO and get good coverage because I'm disabled. My pdoc eventually prescribed me Restril. Plus there are some pdocs that are completely anti-benzo. Fucking pdoc when I was last hospitalized wouldn't even give me a benzo for sleep even though I was sleeping only around three hours for several weeks and psychotic.

8 hours ago, CeremonyNewOrder said:

Unfortunately I can't switch my HMO right now because I'm in a particular situation where I can stay with this HMO and get good coverage because I'm disabled. My pdoc eventually prescribed me Restril. Plus there are some pdocs that are completely anti-benzo. Fucking pdoc when I was last hospitalized wouldn't even give me a benzo for sleep even though I was sleeping only around three hours for several weeks and psychotic.

yeah, there are some really benzophobic doctors out there and i feel like the anti-benzodiazepine movement within psychiatry is only growing as time passes when there are truly some of us who need and rely on benzodiazepines.

i'm glad that you get decent coverage with your HMO being disabled and all.

• Like 1