CrazyBoards.org

Thoughts on this past mother's day

wookie

I wish people extended condolences to survivors of abusive mothers, or those who just never had mothers.

It's a beautiful thing to have a strong supportive bond with one's mother.

Some of us have had to disconnect ourselves from our mothers and build boundaries we've had taken away from us or were never taught.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, wookie said:

I wish people extended condolences to survivors of abusive mothers, or those who just never had mothers.

It's a beautiful thing to have a strong supportive bond with one's mother.

Some of us have had to disconnect ourselves from our mothers and build boundaries we've had taken away from us or were never taught.

I feel so sad when anyone says they have had an abusive mother, estranged mother, or no mother at all............My heart goes out to them that they never experienced a loving relationship with their mom.

My mother passed away about 6 yrs ago, and I still miss her so much, especially on Mother's Day.....After hearing stories of others here, I feel extremely fortunate and lucky that I had a good mom who loved me.

5 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mothers day. Where my brother asks me to chip in for some flowers and we all pretend that she's not a destructive bitch who we can't stand. No strong supportive bond there. I don't know if that sounds cold to other people. You have to love your mother don't you? Yeah thanks for squeezing me out of your vagina and all but it all went downhill from there. You're supposed to respect your parents for bringing you into the world. Like they fucked for your benefit. They weren't thinking of you when you were conceived. My parents were just rubbish but I've heard this argument from people who have been physically abused. "I brought you in to this world". You want a round of applause for having sex, like you were going to fucking do anyway? Thanks for not resisting the natural urge which has led to the procreation of our species over thousands of years, and which millions of people have also done. So fuck that! I remember someone talking about how his father hit him. He brought them into this world and blah blah blah. Like jizzing makes you a father. Oh what a sacrifice you made! And I want to kick the shit out of someone who does such things to their kids. You aren't a mother or a father just because you had sex and procreated. There's more to it and mine failed. So I ended up an emotionally damaged human being. Can't trust a mother's love then who can you trust? Never trust anyone. Especially yourself.