CrazyBoards.org

I banged my head (outer eyebrow near temple) a week ago, on a cabinet door. I'm wondering if anyone here has got a concussion from this sort of thing? How do you know for sure?

I iced it for an hour immediately, so very minimal bruising, but had a large lump (which is going down). Its very tender. My temple and eyebrow still feel "achey" (it's not really a headache). I also feel extra lethargic with brain fog, abrupt worsening of mood. I go to doc tomorrow, but I read that MRI scans cannot show mild concussions (only bone fractures or brain bleeding) and I also wonder if it's just my depression getting worse (versus a head injury from a bump)...?

I HATE going to the Dr for this sort of thing... because I don't want to be labeled as "malingering" or a hypochondriac mental case. Doctors always see a diagnosis of depression on my file (and meds I'm on) and of course (being a woman also), it makes them more apt to always write things off as psychological or stress-related. 😞

I've had two 'true' concussions (lost of consciousness and memory).  I've had a number of other head injuries resulting in post-concussion syndrome but without the loss of consciousness.  

Everyone's so different though, it's difficult to say.  Have you ever had a concussion or head injury before?

14 hours ago, jarn said:

I've had two 'true' concussions (lost of consciousness and memory).  I've had a number of other head injuries resulting in post-concussion syndrome but without the loss of consciousness.  

Everyone's so different though, it's difficult to say.  Have you ever had a concussion or head injury before?

No, Never had a diagnosed concussion. I've bumped by head pretty hard on several occasions. Always just waited it out & only got checked with xray once to make sure no bones broken.

@jarn @Juniper29 The GP just did some neuro-type exam (follow my fingers, close your eyes & walk, touch your nose with each hand, etc etc) It's feeling somewhat better, so will wait & see. There is no longer a bump or any bones protruding, so she didn't recommend any xray or scan unless i start getting headaches & nausea.

Edited by Blahblah