CrazyBoards.org

The lexapro effect..........

Guest BOYD

The lexapro has made me very sociable, I no longer have fear of people, but the lexapro has also made me very responsive to a realm of new emotional feeling or desires that have been repressed for years, I seem to want more love and have more love to give but still have anxiety and stress from the complication of this new me and am just discovering myself.

Now that may be nonsense in real terms but this is what I think has been going on since aug 05.

the lexapro has also made me very responsive to a realm of new emotional feeling or desires that have been repressed for years, I seem to want more love and have more love to give but still have anxiety and stress from the complication of this

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The quoted applies to me and Risperdal. I think it's a good thing. For me I am more responsive to my wife, more talkative with her and less withdrawan unless I'm in a mixed state. It doesn't make me more functional, and can make depression a bit worse but for me it's worth it for the improvement with my wife.

I hope it's worth it for you too. The extra emotions can be uncomfortable, but think that's probably more like how we should be. Or maybe it's beyond reality.

I seem to want more love and have more love to give but still have anxiety and stress from the complication of this new me and am just discovering myself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know! What about a therapist? Oh wait. Never mind.

;)

I love my lexi.  ;)   It didn't do much for me when I tried it a couple of years ago, and well-b wasn't doing much for me this year. But put them together, and they are more than the sum of their parts. I've been on this cocktail for about a month now and I'm still kinda nuts, but I think I'm a more relaxed nut than I was.

I seem to want more love and have more love to give but still have anxiety and stress from the complication of this new me and am just discovering myself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know! What about a therapist? Oh wait. Never mind.

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Breeze,

Bang head on brick wall until bloody, rinse, repeat.

Psychosomatic Sister

running around without a leash...

I love Lexapro (or Cipralex as it is known here in the frozen North)

I would friggen marry lexapro! I would have it's babies..I have never ever ever felt this good for this long ever ever ever..

Mkay..that may be over the top, but if you lived in my skin just 8 weeks ago you would know WHY I am so happy happy happy with this med..

I take Remeron too..so I dunno..is it JUST the lex..or a combo of the two..

lex helped me a lot for about two years, but then it just couldn't tone down the depression any more, so pdoc lowered my lex from 40 to 20 mg. and at the same time added effexor, going from 37.5 mg. to 75 tp 112.5 to 150 mg.  It seems to be helping a lot more.  She wants me to keep taking some lex because she thinks it might be making some good difference in my cocktail.

Tommy

• 2 weeks later...

Pdoc took me off the last of my lex last week.  Four days at 10 mg. then stop.  So now I am just on effexor 150, wellbutrin 300, abilify 15, and klonopin 3 mg for the bipolar.  It all seems to be working together well.

Tommy

• 1 month later...

Lexipro lowers anxiety but turns me into vegitable in that I become apathetic. Just want to sit and read. I've been on 10 mg for three months. I can't decide if I feel better numb like this or full of energy but anxious.

I was looking the rapid eye movement therapy I notice several studies have found it worthless.

• 7 months later...

I was cool as a cucumber on Lexapro. I absolutely loved it. I've never been so calm, relaxed or level headed in my life.

Sadly, I couldn't stay on it as it made me gain massive amounts of weight and killed my sex life big time. It also made me quite tired, but that I could deal with.

It doesn't seem fair. A medication that helps so much but I can't be on it.

• 4 weeks later...

lex helped me a lot for about two years, but then it just couldn't tone down the depression any more, so pdoc lowered my lex from 40 to 20 mg. and at the same time added effexor, going from 37.5 mg. to 75 tp 112.5 to 150 mg. It seems to be helping a lot more. She wants me to keep taking some lex because she thinks it might be making some good difference in my cocktail.

Tommy

I can kind of see why she did this. Lexapro and Effexor are very closely related Medications with the exception that Effexor raises Dopamine neurotransmitters at higher does as well as Serotonin Norepinephrine. She probably does not want to raise your Dopamine levels any further but still wants to raise your Serotonin and Norepinephrine hence the cocktail of Lexapro.

lex helped me a lot for about two years, but then it just couldn't tone down the depression any more, so pdoc lowered my lex from 40 to 20 mg. and at the same time added effexor, going from 37.5 mg. to 75 tp 112.5 to 150 mg. It seems to be helping a lot more. She wants me to keep taking some lex because she thinks it might be making some good difference in my cocktail.

Tommy

I can kind of see why she did this. Lexapro and Effexor are very closely related Medications with the exception that Effexor raises Dopamine neurotransmitters at higher does as well as Serotonin Norepinephrine. She probably does not want to raise your Dopamine levels any further but still wants to raise your Serotonin and Norepinephrine hence the cocktail of Lexapro.

Huh? Lexapro is an SSRI. How does that make it similar to Effexor? Lexapro doesn't act on norepinepherine. It does seem to help anxiety though. I'm giving it a trial run now myself.

Archived