On 5/31/2021 at 12:00 AM, Juniper29 said:

I mean, we are being monitored by technology. I don't think that in itself is delusional?

That's a good point but the concern is that it's a bit 'eccentric' to actively feel self-conscious about it I suppose

2 hours ago, OCDme said:

That's a good point but the concern is that it's a bit 'eccentric' to actively feel self-conscious about it I suppose

You may be right. I struggle with delusions around this so I'm not the best person to judge what's normal. I guess for me, there's a line that's crossed when it goes from "my phone is listening to me/Facebook is tracking my activity to target ads/a hacker might be using my computer camera to watch me/etc" to "the government is watching my online activity, all of my thoughts are posted somewhere online that everyone knows about" and that's where it gets delusional I guess? I don't know. There's probably a gray in-between area and maybe that's where you are? 

Have you talked with your pdoc about these feelings? What did they say?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It’s a very common delusion to think that you’re being monitored or tracked by the government or a cabal, or whatever. I’ve BTDT many times, and I honestly have issues with trust when it comes to these things. That’s why I have all of the cameras and microphones on my various devices physically blocked, so as to prevent any monitoring. I know it seems really extreme, but it’s one of these things that sticks with you when you’ve been dealing with shit like this for a long time. I am in complete remission right now, but there is no way in hell that I would allow access to my video cameras and microphones on my computers, iPads, and phones. Sorry, but not gonna happen. And I know how crazy it sounds. Even so, it’s my reality, and I’m not budging.  

Edited by Goofball