CrazyBoards.org

How much do you spend a month?

How much do you spend on meds, supplements, tdoc, pdoc - anything related?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you spend on meds, supplements, tdoc, pdoc - anything related?

• Under $50
    • $50 - $100
    • $100 - $150
    • $150 - $200
    • $200 - $250
    • $250 - $300
    • $300 - $350
    • $350 - $400
    • Over $300 (if so, how much?)

Just curious.  If I weren't crazy I would be so much more financially stable.  I pay $100/month for meds, ~$80 for tdoc, $20 - 40 pdoc - about $200.  Not including what is taken out of my paycheck for health insurance.  Sad.  More than $2400/year?  No wonder we're poor. 

I voted "UNDER $50" because I get assistance from the government.  I pay no

co-payments for tdoc or pdoc.  I only pay $1 or $3 per prescription.  When dh was

working he paid a lot for health insurance & we had high co payments.  I guess

being indigent does have it's advantages. 

I'm Canadian.  Pdoc covered.  OT covered.  If I didn't have private drug insurance, I'd automatically have insurance through the provincial government. 

I don't do supplements because (1) I have no solid reason to believe any one thing will help and (2) I have no money. 

My tdoc sees me every two or three weeks for free, hoping I will eventually have money again and resume paying him. 

I have 100% drug coverage under my mother's insurance.  I am NOT looking forward to a certain magic birthday, after which point I won't have her plan anymore, student or not. 

So yeah.  Right now, I don't pay money for being crazy, but I'm both poor and lucky.  I will not always be so fortunate. 

If I ever sign up for yoga again, I am SO counting that under this. 

Dunno how much I pay a month; it varies.  For instance: last month i paid $26 for my lith, but got (and should continue to get) my Lamictal for free.  (bless those programs!)

My pdoc is $15/visit currently, cuz he's only charging what my copay used to be, and writing off the rest.  (bless him too!)

However, I just last Friday FINALLY got my insurance app approved so of course things will change.  I don't care if I pay a bit more; at least i HAVE insurance.  Which I'm sure will be pricey, but it'll work til I get a jov that has benefits.

I pay 200$ every 3 months for all my meds.  (5 prescriptions)  I see my pdoc once a month at 15$ copay.  About 81 bucks and month once you average the meds out.  I have BlueCross/BlueShield HighOption through my husband's job.  I know how lucky I am to have great healthcare.  I've lived through having none, and having rotten.

It's tough on him, because he could do better, job wise, and makes the sacrifice to stay where he is to keep me in meds and doctor appts.

If that isn't love, I don't know what is.

Hohum. Including insurance premiums and deductibles, I spend at least $800/mo when I'm seeing a tdoc.. That 's just me!  And that's also with making do with free samples of two expensive meds (not psychmeds) and seeing a free County shrink.

and I don't know how much longer I can continue with him.  See other thread. 

I didn't add in what I'm paying, OUT OF POCKET, for my health insurance. I'd probably burst a blood vessel or something if I did the sum. Lets just say I pay more for health insurance than rent. An EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS rent.

I didn't add in what I'm paying, OUT OF POCKET, for my health insurance. I'd probably burst a blood vessel or something if I did the sum. Lets just say I pay more for health insurance than rent. An EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS rent.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Our monthly insurance premium is $1080 for family coverage.  I am using the COBRA option from my last employer and have 6 months left to be eligible.  Self employed people get screwed when it comes to getting insured.  Pdoc co-pay is $25, med co-pays just went down to around $140/ month for 5 meds.  My most expensive rx is Ambien - the co-pay on it was $99 at last refill ($10 more than last time).  The total all depends on how many pdoc appts I make.

Maybe I should get a job in the pharmacy or the pdocs office....  :-D

Mine is in Australian dollars.

I pay roughly $120 a month.

This roughly includes: $20 shrink, $90 lamictal, $6 seroquel, $1 lithium

I should really be getting lamictal at $6 a month, but our government hasn't approved it as a treatment for bipolar yet, only for epiliepsy.  So, I have to pay full price, instead of the subsidised price.  And, it won't be approved any time soon, as research will need to be done here first, and u need funding yadda yadda.  it totally sucks.

Lamictal is roughly a buck a pill, basically $300/month.

Damn--list price for Lamictal here runs about $130 or $160, i forget which, for 30 200 mg tabs.

Of course, seeing how Canadian currency is only worthwhile for all the pretty colors, maybe you're doing better.  ;)

Tdoc visit is $170 x 3 on average. That's $510.

Ritalin plus dr visit to get it is $100

Effexor about $150, I think.

$760.

shit!

The other day my tdoc made a bad pun and I yelled, "Hey! I'm paying you waaaaaay too much to hafta listen to that kinda crap."

Fortunately, he laughed at that one.

My docs are covered by medicare. I don't have private health insurance. Medicare subsidises my meds so they are about $30 a prescription X 2 meds. And my neuro kind of cons the pharmisists by writing scripts for boxes of 200 epilim tabs when it only comes in boxes of 100 so I get two boxes for $30. Two boxes of eplim last me two months and one box of risperdal lasts me two months.

So $30 a month Australian dollars (that's $22.50 $US).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived