CrazyBoards.org

Not sure if this is psychosis or not.  I've seen people turn into demons before, but as a rule, my psychosis tends to paranoid delusions and thought broadcasting.  So I'm not sure what to think.

For awhile now, I've seen bits of dirt or whatever on the floor move, when they are demonstrably stationary.  Today outside I thought a stick was a mouse.  I had to really stop and stare at it.  

Are these visual illusions or hallucinations?  Is this psychosis-adjacent, psychosis, or nothing at all?

I saw pdoc yesterday and told him that I thought the dirt stuff was me being tired?  And of course today I get something bigger.

I do have floaters now, but I can see the majority of things perfectly normally, the majority of the time, so I don't think that's related.

sorry I can't help with this one...the only visual hallucinations I've had have been extremely clearly hallucinations (e.g., cookie monster in my bathtub) that the neuro in the hospital thought was due to amantadine. 

Edited by dancesintherain

I know I already said this on the other thread, but I've had similar experiences and it was during a time I was having a lot of delusions, before I got on a therapeutic dose of AAP. I think they are visual illusions. I had one where I thought a person I passed in a building was a gorilla. It would have made no sense for there to be a gorilla there, but I had to really stop and look at them to make sure they were a person. ETA I've never had a full-on visual hallucination, just little stuff like this.

Edited by Juniper29

Thanks @DogMan - that makes sense.  

And it may be broader sleep dysfunction?  I slept walked last night.  It's uncommon for me (twice now that I know of) and as far as we're aware, confined to the last 6 months - NYE and last night.  I had a sleep study and everything was normal - went home and went back to bed and slept, then sat up in my sleep and started talking (sleep talking isn't new).  Typical!  Heh.

• Haha 1

My visual hallucinations have nearly all been completely true to life. The only exception that I can think of was this one time when I got these sort of computer-generated wavy shapes. But they were still very distinct, seemed real enough (even though they clearly didn’t resemble anything in reality), were very clearly red or blue, had a fairly straightforward path of motion, and so forth. They also seemed angry/aggressive, and that they could maybe hurt me. (I know, go figure!)

That said, I know that there are many people who get very different types than I do. Things coming in and out of the shadows, lurking in the corner of your eye, and whatnot … these all seem to be fairly common. Anyway, just because your hallucinations don’t look look like a real wolf, the police, a relative, or whatever, doesn’t mean that you haven’t suffered a legitimate hallucination just the same.

For whatever it’s worth, most people who I have talked to about their visual hallucinations do not typically get the type that I do. The same also goes for auditory hallucinations, but not quite to the same degree, perhaps. And when I have visuals, I virtually always have auditory ones simultaneously, so I guess that makes sense. 

I hope this stuff dies down for you. I have been lucky not to have much in the way of this stuff for a number of years now. I just seem to get the occasional olfactory or auditory hallucinations these days. Half of the time, I don’t even try to check them. If they keep recurring, I start gobbling zyprexa, but that’s pretty much that.

Edited by Goofball

I really don't know what to make of them @Goofball - they seem to have gone away.  

Now I'm all worried about the stupid sleep walking - I'm stuck with these weird, maybe psych, maybe not symptoms.  It's really frustrating.  Maybe I have slept walk for years but done normal things and we never noticed?  Toby is a light sleeper.  But maybe I do stuff like get up, go to the bathroom, and then back to bed?  I wonder if you can have a mix of mundane sleep walking combined with more bizarre behaviour at other times.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps they make a watch/monitoring device that you can wear while you sleep, @jarn? You could maybe set it to sound an alarm when you get up? Or maybe you’d just turn it off and continue to sleepwalk? IDK. But if they do make such a thing, it could at least keep a record of when you do get up, so you’d know when you were sleep walking.

My watch tracks total/deep/light/awake at nighttime - I can see some nights I'm awake for 30-40 minutes and I have no memory of that.  So either I'm not falling asleep as quickly as I think I am, or, I am sleep walking more than I realize.  Poop.