CrazyBoards.org

Issues with parents and their lovers.

Guest needabrain

Guest needabrain

If it isn't bad enough that I have a passive agressive father that still scares the living shit out of me. Now I have my mother saying that what I can manage to do in a day, isn't good enough. And then she appologizes and then she does the same thing over again. And her boyfriend complains about everything I do. And when the two of them gang up...It's living hell. I can never reach their expectations. And each day they set the bar higher and I already can't reach it. I'm going to hide under my sheets and never come out one of these days.

Edited to add a more discriptive Topic Title.

Try to remember THEIR expectations are not the important ones, YOURS are. Regardless of how dense they're being, you know what YOU can handle, what is good for YOU, and if you are living up to that, this is all that matters...not the opinion of some guy who might not even be around 5 years down the road, or the opinion of a woman who probably means well but obviously can't make up her mind ; )

I'm sure it's really hard to be ganged up on like that, and have to hear it from two people at once. Do you have a therapist or similar who could talk to them? Seriously, maybe hearing from a "professional" of some kind what you are able to do and how well you are actually doing would be enough to convince them you're not just (fill in the blank...being lazy or difficult or whatever they think is the case) and help them form a more realistic picture of you?

Hang in there, life gets pretty boring hiding under the sheets, trust me ; )

~Faith

Archived